need methods to overcome suicidela thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer.Rain

I cant efford much medical treatment
and im suffering from very strong depression
if anyone can tell me some trick or something to overcome
the thoughts and the pain, please let me know.
Cheers

mdmefontaine

Antiquities Friend
hi. i am depressed, and have not been treated medically..... talking to people here has helped me the most. i lean on my friends when it gets bad, and when it seems lighter, i try to let people lean on me - that makes me feel like i at least, have a purpose.

would you be able to afford a basic visit to a g.p. and a prescription for anti-depressants? even if you could not afford 'talk therapy' to go with the meds, the medication alone might help. ((not sure as i have not done it yet))

pm if you want to talk. . . xxx

jameslyons

I have several methods for slinking past the ugly beast that comes knocking. One is to have a character to retreat in - for me it's a 1920's writer. I do the whole thing - write while imagining myself in a crummy Paris apartment with a bad draft from all the old German bullet holes along one side of the room. Then I think to my heroes: Fitzgerald, Kafka, Bryant, Reed, Hemingway, Bukowski and when I think about how they suffered depression, I sometimes feel better.

But not always, that's for damn sure.

Sometimes I drink too much. I just finished a six day binge on Saturday. That worked up until Friday when I was going to off myself, again.

Vices work: Watch too much tv, movies, overindulge in good food, have sex/masturbate.

The best way though, so they say anyhow is to talk to somebody or go exercise.

Over all, depression is a monster that is coming from inside you, and it wants to kill you. Do anything you can to not listen to that voice.

:hug:

Best

james.

bluefish

I cant efford much medical treatment
and im suffering from very strong depression
if anyone can tell me some trick or something to overcome
the thoughts and the pain, please let me know.
Cheers
Hi there.

I voluntarily got off my meds (for depression and bi-polar) because I can't afford them and I'm going through a rough time right now.

I made a list last year when I got really bad and they seemed to help.

If you feel lonely, sad, or just crappy, try to do something that gets you to be around other people. I like to go to the grocery store so I feel like I am around other people without actually interacting with others - this helps if you aren't very social, like myself. Key is also to try to do something to get your mind off what is making you feel depressed. It can be difficult because sometimes the last thing you want to do is leave the house or talk to someone. But if you can't speak to a friend or don't have the words to describe how you are feeling, get a journal and pour all that out. Cry and write, if you have to. Read a book or watch tv to get your mind to concentrate on something else besides the pain. Treat yourself if you can - take care of yourself.

If you feel angry, do something physical to release that anger, like wash your car, go for a walk, hit a pillow, throw ice cubes at the wall.

I hope this helps and just remember - a few minutes chatting with someone here on SF can help so much. It's the reason I am still here :)

Mightbehere

it's a 1920's writer. Paris apartment all the old German bullet holes
You do realize that the Germans never took Paris in the first world war don't you.....you need to change you dream to the 50's or late 40's. :wink:

Summer.Rain

Thank you all for the tips
Im already doing some of things above, but they dont help much anymore
I cant afford any sort of treatment at all, no meds, no shrinks, nothing.
I really must find a job, but in my condition it is so extremely difficult to hold on to it.
Lately i feel a bit stronger, after a week of extreme pain, and i really want to use
it for my advantage somehow!

Dose anyone of you work?
Can you tell me please how do you cope with the stress at the work place?
The thing is that i must do everything i can to leave the house, my family REALLY make things worse for me!!!

bluefish

Thank you all for the tips
Im already doing some of things above, but they dont help much anymore
I cant afford any sort of treatment at all, no meds, no shrinks, nothing.
I really must find a job, but in my condition it is so extremely difficult to hold on to it.
Lately i feel a bit stronger, after a week of extreme pain, and i really want to use
it for my advantage somehow!

Dose anyone of you work?
Can you tell me please how do you cope with the stress at the work place?
The thing is that i must do everything i can to leave the house, my family REALLY make things worse for me!!!
Maybe im a bit lucky in the sense that I have my own office and close my door when I need to relax. But if you are always surrounded by people, you can try to be alone for 5 minutes, like in the bathroom or a break room. Honestly, and I know this may sound silly, but I'll sometimes head to the bathroom, turn on the water faucet in the sink, and watch the water flow through my hands. I dont know why but that seems to calm me. Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00