• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Need some advice

JB107

Well-Known Member
#1
Hi everyone,

I know this is a strange one but I just needed some advice. I've been struggling with panic attacks and anxiety for a while now. I am on universal credit, and have had to get a few fit notes from my doctor. I am signed up with mind and am working the problem.

I had a work search review in job centre today, and I was very nervous. She asked me, how was the anxiety? I told her it was bad, but is it that obvious? She said yes, based on this and that, by my breathing... yada yada yada. So she called me out on my anxiety.

I had an appointment with my mental health charity, mind, later that afternoon. I explained what happened, and my therapist told me she should not have spoken to me that way. That it was wrong.

My biggest problem is that when I told my father what had happened, he acted like BASTARD.

Sorry I am so angry I just want to nail my head to the floor. I want to kill the horrible father.
 

iloverachel

No longer suicidal after 8 years of depression
#3
*hug
I am sorry that that has happened
I also struggle with anxiety and its very awful, I am sorry you are going through it too
I hope you find ways to improve the symptoms
 
#4
Hi everyone,

I know this is a strange one but I just needed some advice. I've been struggling with panic attacks and anxiety for a while now. I am on universal credit, and have had to get a few fit notes from my doctor. I am signed up with mind and am working the problem.

I had a work search review in job centre today, and I was very nervous. She asked me, how was the anxiety? I told her it was bad, but is it that obvious? She said yes, based on this and that, by my breathing... yada yada yada. So she called me out on my anxiety.

I had an appointment with my mental health charity, mind, later that afternoon. I explained what happened, and my therapist told me she should not have spoken to me that way. That it was wrong.

My biggest problem is that when I told my father what had happened, he acted like BASTARD.

Sorry I am so angry I just want to nail my head to the floor. I want to kill the horrible father.
when you get panic attacks dont try to control your breathing your brain heart and lungs do that thats what there job is-next panic attack lie on your bed or sofa put a penny just above your belly button and just make the penny go up and down:)
 

Marga

Well-Known Member
#5
Well, I can see where your anxiety is coming from, if your father is treating you like that. I also suffered from strong anxiety and panic attacks at a moment in my life. It usdd to help to focus on the normal everyday things around me to take my mind away from the anxious thoughts and be more grounded. I was just looking at things like table, chairs, doing everyday activities like washing the dishes with focus. Depends on the situation if that is feasible. Fingers crossed.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top