• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Neglect

JaneDoe_023

Public Access
#1
I stayed with my brother for a week. He was strict about my phone and what time I went to bed. He bought me clothes that I needed and taught me how to cook some foods and how to wash my own clothes. While I was there he told me several things. Like apparently my mom neglects me. I told him I didn’t think she did, he said that the fact she lets me stay in my room all day and night even though it had moldy food and dirty clothes and trash everywhere is one sign. Another is that when I went to see him, my hair was in one huge mat. Another sign is that she ignores me a lot. Apparently there’s a lot more too but I just can’t believe that she neglects me. It just doesn’t sound true. Even if it is true. I also talked to a therapist while I was there and she said my mom is selfish and that she sounds like a piece of work. I finally got back home yesterday. I hate that I had to come back though. Back to the way things always have been. With my mom ignoring me. I want to move out. But that’s a dumb idea at my age. My sister offered to let me move in. And my brother said that if things go back to the way they were and I end up in a mental hospital he’s taking my mom to court for neglect and for custody over me. I don’t know what to do though. I feel like things aren’t as bad as I make them seem. What if I’m just over exaggerating everything? I hate this so much. I always find myself questioning everything. I don’t know what to do about anything. I just really need help.
 
#2
If your therapist, your brother, and your sister all think your mom has neglected you, it sounds like they might be right.

If you have an option to live with your brother or sister, and they live nearby, you might be able to ease into a transition without making any big move.

It sounds like there's time to talk over how you feel and think about what's going on.
 
#3
I stayed with my brother for a week. He was strict about my phone and what time I went to bed. He bought me clothes that I needed and taught me how to cook some foods and how to wash my own clothes. While I was there he told me several things. Like apparently my mom neglects me. I told him I didn’t think she did, he said that the fact she lets me stay in my room all day and night even though it had moldy food and dirty clothes and trash everywhere is one sign. Another is that when I went to see him, my hair was in one huge mat. Another sign is that she ignores me a lot. Apparently there’s a lot more too but I just can’t believe that she neglects me. It just doesn’t sound true. Even if it is true. I also talked to a therapist while I was there and she said my mom is selfish and that she sounds like a piece of work. I finally got back home yesterday. I hate that I had to come back though. Back to the way things always have been. With my mom ignoring me. I want to move out. But that’s a dumb idea at my age. My sister offered to let me move in. And my brother said that if things go back to the way they were and I end up in a mental hospital he’s taking my mom to court for neglect and for custody over me. I don’t know what to do though. I feel like things aren’t as bad as I make them seem. What if I’m just over exaggerating everything? I hate this so much. I always find myself questioning everything. I don’t know what to do about anything. I just really need help.
I'm sorry for what you're experiencing..I hope your heart heals and you be happy..hugs...*sadhug
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top