never eating again

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by morning rush, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

lately I've been barely eating, because I'm not hungry and I just didn't want to eat...I wish I never had to eat again... :(

2. Skyfire

Skyfire Active Member

This is a situation I literally cannot imagine... I am just the opposite, I am often overpowered by my cravings for food.

You should eat even if you don't feel like it. Even if you don't feel hungry, think of it like taking medicine - even if its disgusting, its good for you and it will make you feel better. Also, try exercising. That increases both your metabolism and your appetite, and also helps you get more restful, restorative sleep and releases endorphins that combat depression. Exercise is like medicine too; you don't have to like it, you just have to grit your teeth an do it. After while it becomes habit, and its not so bad anymore, and you start to feel better.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

have you started on any new medication hun that may have taken your appetite away if so talk to you doc ok if not depression will stop one from eating so if you cannot eat get a meal drink like ensure ok so you can get the proteins you need to function hun hugs

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I know how you feel...though I'm usually hungry, I also wish I never had to eat again..I just feel like a completely disgusting person in every way. I'm sorry you are feeling this way, but you need to eat though, even if it's just a little bit :hug:

5. morning rush

I do exercises, I walk for one hour per day, and cycle for at least 30 min, it doesn't increase my appetite and dammit I'm gaining weight :(

I do force myself to eat at least 1200 calories which is the minimum for body function...

total eclipse, you're right I should buy those ensure and maybe a few protein bars...

this has been happening for years...I go through cycles, or over eating, under eating etc...

I just wished I didn't have to eat is all :(

6. Alden

Alden Member

try training, that improves both your metabolic rate and your hunger and also allows you get more relaxing, regenerative sleep and produces hormones that fight depressive disorders....

7. morning rush

I do weight lifting for my arms...but I go through phases it seems...phases I don't want to eat or barely eat, and then I all of a sudden I eat a lot...so it goes according to my mood...

8. Vodnavila

Vodnavila Banned Member

I wish I didn't have to eat either, I feel dirty after I've eaten, after I've eaten crisps, I have to wash my hands. When I don't want to eat I will stick to easy to digest foods, such as banana's and yoghurts, I will eat several of each in the same day sometimes.

9. morning rush

bananas make me neausous...and yogurt has to be with no lactose and over here there aren't many...but I understand what you mean. I hate going on binges where I eat chips, candy, chocolates, and soda....

today I barely ate...I'm so worried of going over 2000 calories that I barely eat...I really want to lose weight too...still wish I didn't have to eat...

10. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

I can see myself on this path. I constantly worry about protein intake as I dont want to lose muscles as I enjoy working out so I force myself to drink protein shakes

11. morning rush

yeah I eat a lot of protein too. A lot of meat, but that's cause the doctor told me I am anemic, so now I eat a lot more meat than I ate before...I don't like it at all but I'm tired all the time that it's starting to make me depress. I wish I didn't have to eat at all, and I tend to starve myself and then go on binges.

12. DrownedFishOnFire

Same here. Tho trying to not binge on those weak times esp in middle of night half asleep. Guard is always down.

13. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

your right hun moods always affect my eating too right now i don't care to eat just to tired to do so that is when ensure drink can help at least some nutrients get in

14. DrownedFishOnFire

totally planning on not consuming anything after eating a bowl of cereal. Hope I stick with the plan of fasting. Feeling horrible from all of the binges Ive been doing over the holidays. Yucky.

15. DrownedFishOnFire

interesting read: I read some spices and herbs encourage appeitte or supresses it. Google it. Worth a try for some of us trying to lose weight.

16. WoodyJames

WoodyJames Member

I'm pretty much the same and didn't really think anyone else was like me. At times I rarely eat and if I do it's vary small amounts (a single burrito for the day). I'm almost never hungry and if I do eat it's because I pushed myself to the point were I'm shaking from hunger and even then I have to force food down and it usually comes back up. It can be hard to get food down at times and for years I used pot to get it down but I don't like doing it that way. Be happy you have a little weight to keep you going if you miss a meal. I'm 6'2 and 116lbs w/clothes (most I've ever weighed is 125lbs) and if I don't eat I almost pass out but if I eat I throw up. BTW all I've had today was some animal cookies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.