new here and need friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got out of the hospital two days ago and i was there 5 days for suicidal thoughts and depression, i had a total break down after my girlfriend who was basically my fiancee wanted to break up. After i got out, i talked to her and its more of a year long break to help me be more independent and grownup and for her to forget how terrible i was and remember why she loves me. I dont know if i can take the stress from this year apart because she was my best friend and my only real friend. I talked to her throughout each day for almost two years. I keep having bad thoughts

jimk

Staff Alumni
HI bob and welcome to SF's.. long ago my wife at time let me know she was leaving the house by walking out into the living room with a suitcase in hand.. hits like a ton of bricks as you know only too well.. though you may not believe it there is still life without them..going to take some time for sure and a huge dose of grieving for the loss of this dear one.. some professional help can help with this all. hopefully the members here can also help some with this.

if thoughts persist for you of ending it all again you need to let the professionals know this. glad to have you with us now.. tc, Jim

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
Hey Bob, I also lost my fiance'. It took me a year to get over her.. She was cheeting on me and I was willing to put that behind me to be with her..She finally came back but I couldn't let go of the cheeting..Life does go on.. For her to set a timeline isn't fair to you.. You need to decide do you really want her back..I agree with the OP that you should follow up with therapy..

Hey there,

I separated from my first wife 8 years ago (she left me) and the divorce was finalized 5 years ago. Like Joseph (Stranger1), it took me a year to really get over the initial shock -- I felt abandoned and betrayed, and I also felt ashamed because of what other people would think.

Today, I never think about my marriage (except in this case, I guess) -- even when I do think of it, though, it brings no pain -- it's like it happened to someone else.

Still depressed, but just for different reasons.

Stay well, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00