New, scared, overwhelmed, exhausted ... but trying anyway

I'm struggling to begin, but basically I'm in a very bad place and can't find help. I've struggled for many, many years.

I was a busy professional with an active and full life before I became ill. Many surgeries later, still ill and my partner left with someone else and a huge chunk of my money, dragging me through court for years.

I've lost so much repeatedly in my life but kept positive and kept trying, was screwed over again and somehow I've just broken. I thought I'd hit rock bottom before but this. .. I haven't been able to bounce back in the last 2 years plus my health is declining.

My son now cares for me fulltime and i carry a lot of guilt around that. There's lots of stress in my life and much i cannot control or change. My health is declining and the situation is not good. I'm afraid. I want my son to have a full life and caring for me adds so much pressure and stress for him but i have no one else.

I leave home only to go to medical appointments, sometimes once every month or two. My family.... ugh. Friends. .. drifted away over the years of illness or couldn't deal with it.
I have one friend left who comes to see me when she can, every month or so.

I'm tired of even talking about my situation or answering the same things about my health. Im tired of hearing it myself.

I have depression with anxiety and PTSD but cant get any mental health support at home.

I tried another relationship with similar results. ... amd have suffered abuse before and ive come to the realisation ill be alone forever. That breaks my heart. I was all about love and never wanted to become bitter or jaded but i somehow feel like maybe i grew up with ideals about life that weren't true and now reality has hit me in the face and it's ugly.

More of my life has been pain than joy, but if i express my pain or grief I'm met with responses that hurt or hinder or blame.

I feel a burden to the one person i love the most, my son. My quality of life is poor and the outlook is worse.

Im tired of platitudes and criticisms. It doesn't help to be reminded that others have it worse or expectations that i should be better by now.

I'm stressed over many issues that i can't control or address so mostly use distraction because thinking about life just makes me cry or, lately, get frustrated, anxious and angry. I don't know or like the person I've become.

I feel very alone and life seems very pointless. I make it clear that i have no suicidal plans because of my son. There's no mental health support here. I live in pain, sickness, grief and sadness and have done so for many years now. I don't know what to do except maybe try to find support here, learn to trust people again, find friends again. ..

Writing this has barely touched on the surface of things but it's been upsetting and difficult to do (hence the terrible typos and punctuation etc).

I hope it gives the insight you need.

Sorry to hear that you are going through this Mama_Wolf

I have one friend left who comes to see me when she can, every month or so
I'm glad you've at least got that one friend

Do you want to say what kind of support you want? I might be able to make some practical suggestions if you are interested.

Sorry to hear that you are going through this Mama_Wolf

I'm glad you've at least got that one friend

Do you want to say what kind of support you want? I might be able to make some practical suggestions if you are interested.
Any suggestions welcome. ..
I've exhausted all i ķnow...
I battled for 8 years to access home help but wasn't eligible because of my age, condition and where i live. The system is so broken. I finally got an exemption to access aged care support early but evidently they inactivated me by accident so some help has just begun, though it's still not much it has helped us both practically and in feeling not so alone in it all.

I struggle to care for my own basic needs so I can't also deal with all the admin aspects etc

Sorry, my phone was about to go flat so I posted quickly.

A heads up - I fall asleep all the time so please don't be offended if i suddenly go quiet.

I have depression with anxiety and PTSD but cant get any mental health support at home
You might want to try online therapy if you haven't already

Moving to a different location might be the best option, if your finances will allow it.

There may be some place in your home country (I'm not sure where you're from, US?) where you can get better care

Moving internationally might a good option if you are willing to go.

There are places in the world where you can get good, or even world-class medical care for cheap-o. Bumrungrad hospital in Bangkok comes to mind.

Living somewhere in Asia, there's a good chance that you'd be able to afford lots of services like in-home massage, acupuncture, and other care.

It sounds like you wouldn't want to go unless your son came along, but he might have enthusiasm for the idea. If most of your care was handled by others, he'd have a lot more free time

Phuong

you still have 1 one friend with you . Carry out the sickness till now . and for for the love of your son that make you dont think about killing your self . Madame that is a mirace . We made our own Mirace . god dont give he want us to make that happen . You been brave . Im so honnor just to known on this website . I pray hard for you too . and try some online therapy may71 show . i hope it would help . sent me chat if you need anything every one here does .

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00