new to medication to help with MH? here is some help!

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
good morning,

as you know I suffer with BPD and autism, not the easiest to control, but with the right medication I can easily manage day today!

So..... are you new to MH have you just been put on medication or are you scared to take medication to treat your mental health, well don't be!!! the tablets prescribed by your GP are their to help you and help you find that right balance.

You may have to try different types until you find the right one, Their are LOTS and i mean lots of different types of medication to treat various types of MH, Remember its not one tablet fits all, so what ever you do please don't google it!! speak to your GP he/she will know the right one to help and manage your symptoms bit sometimes its trial and error!! I myself have tried 4 different types and now I am on the right one for me and my symptoms!!

It will take about 3 weeks from the start of taking tablets to settle in to your system and i will be honest the first 3 weeks will be horrid, you will feel sick, dizzy, sleepy, tired, headaches, and other side effects BUT not all people will suffer but side effects are very common and will start to ease off after 3 weeks or sometimes a little less... DO NOT let this discourage you as the medication is their to help you and make you feel better in the long run!

Please do not think, "i don't need these" and take your self off them, speak to your GP if you feel okay and make a plan to ween off them, you can become highly dependent on medication and taking your self off without the right help can be catastrophic to your mental health!

A lot of people look at "alternative" medication but please dont, speak to your doctor first!

Remember your GP is their to help you and in this instance they know best, not google!! so always speak to your GP it may be hard tough and daunting BUT they are trained and deal with this every day!

Most importantly be honest with your GP, if you dont then you may end up on the wrong medication that could have catastrphoic consequences and we dont want that! so always be honest no matter how hard it is, thats the only way you will get the right help and the right medication.

This is to help YOU!!! please ask any questions...

sent with Love

Jayjay

Dinolaur

Human by day, Dino by night
Staff Alumni
Thanks for this jay! I know I need to book that appointment and I will, I’ll try my best to do it tomorrow. I’m scared, I feel lonely. Ultimately I’m just really scared, but I need help to feel better because I hate the way I feel day in and day out

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
Thanks for this jay! I know I need to book that appointment and I will, I’ll try my best to do it tomorrow. I’m scared, I feel lonely. Ultimately I’m just really scared, but I need help to feel better because I hate the way I feel day in and day out
It is scary @Dinolaur BUT remember they deal with this every day and they will help you!! i know its scary to make that first step BUT you will feel better for it and feel like you have had a big weight lifted from your shoulders!! dont be ashamed to cry or anything your GP is highly trained and will offer you the right level of care and support!! they wont lock you up or anything like that! take your time with them and let them know everything, they willl help you!!! i promise you!!! you will be just fine!!!

this is the first step to a better and more comftable life!!!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00