New to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am joining this forum here today because I need a place where I can talk about my suicidal thoughts without being judged. I’ve struggled with depression for most of my life. I’ve been in therapy for a couple of years and started taking Lexapro about 10 months ago. Those things have helped me but now I am in between therapists and my support system has dwindled. Whenever I had these thoughts in the past I would share them with my therapist or my boyfriend(we have since broken up). I have attempted to talk to my family and friends about these feelings before and there has been mixed reactions. I just hate having to explain everytime that I don’t intend on acting on these thoughts when I have them… Its really hard to explain these things to people when they don’t get it. I’ve gained some insights as to why I have these thoughts through therapy. Part of my way of dealing with these thoughts is by sharing with people. So that’s why I’m here. I’d also like to be supportive of whoever else is going through a rough patch.

Fauve

SF Supporter
Hello, and welcome to S-F. People here are really nice and understanding. Many of us here can relate to the feeling of not being able to share our struggles with our friends and family members. I hope you'll find some solace among us. We're glad to have you here.

Waves

Well I am joining this forum here today because I need a place where I can talk about my suicidal thoughts without being judged. I’ve struggled with depression for most of my life. I’ve been in therapy for a couple of years and started taking Lexapro about 10 months ago. Those things have helped me but now I am in between therapists and my support system has dwindled. Whenever I had these thoughts in the past I would share them with my therapist or my boyfriend(we have since broken up). I have attempted to talk to my family and friends about these feelings before and there has been mixed reactions. I just hate having to explain everytime that I don’t intend on acting on these thoughts when I have them… Its really hard to explain these things to people when they don’t get it. I’ve gained some insights as to why I have these thoughts through therapy. Part of my way of dealing with these thoughts is by sharing with people. So that’s why I’m here. I’d also like to be supportive of whoever else is going through a rough patch.
Hope you find support here.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you get the support you desire here. Post again soon ok? See you around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00