New to this......need help I just want to give up

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Loren, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loren

Loren New Member

Hi all, little about me my names loren Im 25 and a single mum, I suffer with emetaphobia and have since I was around 6 years of age, it's always been a pain to suffer with but since having my son it's so so extreme, my problem lies with other people being sick not myself, I'm so down with it the anxiety, the phobia, the fear, the depression everything and I just want to give up that's the only way these feeling are going to disappear! I'm in the the middle of CBT and in all honesty it's made me 10000 and more times worse but I don't want to give up on that, at the moment my son has just started nursery and after only 4 days of being in ther he's picked up a diareah bug and my only thoughts are what if it goes further and is accompanied with sick, I can't handle these feelings I need to run away!! The only thing stopping me ending everything is my son. I would love someone who is in the same shoes as me to speak to if possible I can't handle this I'm crying constantly I'm inside myself I can't enjoy life, my life is ruled by these horendus feelings and I just want it all to stop, I would love ther to be a rehab type of place people can go to get through anxiety depressions phobias but I can't seem to find anything. Thanks in advance xxx
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Do you have relatives that can help you t hat can step in to help you look after the baby Talk to your doctor there may be an anxiety group you can attend I know there are many here where i live
  3. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum..
  4. Loren

Loren New Member

My family think my phobia is
    Pathetic and silly and if n when James is ill and I'm alone it's "good practice" to get over it, it's not atall being thrown in to
    A situation like that with a fear of it this extreme!! That upsets me so much more too, I'm a completely normal good mum, not perfect but who is, but in the illness part of things I'm useless. Thank you and hi xxx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.