Nice guys finish last

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by sadguy33, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

I'm always a nice guy and stuff but I don't think girls like nice dudes and I don't think people respect nice dudes. I feel like I have either 2 choices be a dick to everyone or just end it.

2. truthhurts

truthhurts Well-Known Member

hmm. i think most people tend to generalize things a bit much. idk how much it wud matter to u, but i'm a girl, and i think being sincere/kind/honest/gentle [what u wud likely call a 'nice guy'] is absolutely admirable. it's quite difficult to find such people though.

3. rx4brdm

rx4brdm Well-Known Member

I think you're just showing it tho the wrong ladies hombre. Believe me, there are ladies out there that adore gentlemen. If that's not what they appreciate then they are not the types you want to be with.

4. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

i think the trick is make sure that you don't cross the line from "nice guy" to "doormat"

people come to us because they know we are more likely to help with things but you have to be willing to say no if you think that they are taking advantage of you or taking you for granted

5. truthhurts

truthhurts Well-Known Member

very true, Wastingecho. being a 'nice guy' doesn't mean letting girls/women do whatever they want. it's different when u're a serious psychological masochist though xD, but that's a different case. i think guys shud also be respected and supported and openly loved.

6. NiceGuYKC

NiceGuYKC Well-Known Member

I totally agree bud. Don't be a dick though, what's the point?. Please don't end it.

7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I guess nice girls finish last too...it seems most of the guys I like just want to be friends with benefits and not have a real relationship. Of course I don't want that, so I avoid them...but am I really not good enough for anyone? Sorry that girls have treated you badly, but that's more of a reflection on them than on yourself. So don't change who you are just because people have treated you that way.

8. alyssaswoon

alyssaswoon Well-Known Member

Nice guys do not finish last, you just have to understand the difference between being a "nice guy" and being a pushover.
    I like to call them "gentlemen with backbones", now they're the bee's knee's.
    If a girl doesn't appreciate you being nice to her then she's probably not a nice girl anyway, don't waste your time with bitches.

9. sadguy33

sadguy33 Banned Member

Thank you guys for all your responses I feel a lot better knowing that my efforts to be nice to people aren't in vain. I try to be polite to people, I care if someone is sad or angry etc, I also like doing favors for people however I don't think I'm a pushover most of the time. I'm glad that you guys actually like nice dudes because it just seemed like people don't respect them anymore.

10. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

A lot of the girls who use guys are nice people… they just don't believe that having a guy listen to you and treat you with respect means that all of a sudden they want to enter into a dating relationship. I can't say I blame them… they don't owe you sex just because you're nice, and any guy who thinks like this probably isn't nice at all, not to mention dishonest and self-absorbed.

My rule is that if there's any kind of effort involved, like if someone is boring you endlessly and you're desperately trying to remember the pieces of their incredibly boring story so that you won't get in trouble later on, then they're probably not worth the effort. If you have to keep asking yourself if you're doing it right or if you can be the type of guy that you think she wants or that she thinks she wants, then it's not worth the effort. If you honestly don't care about anything she says or does and are mostly interested in the images you have in your head while you're together, then you're in trouble.

I have a lot of trouble relating to 85% of people in this world, but when I find a good one I don't even have to try, the relationship just builds itself… you don't have to force it at all because you'll just start talking and everything will click, and you'll know that you will see this person again.

Unfortunately, I haven't met anyone like that in quite some time.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.