Night Owl-ness

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Something Profound, May 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I see a lot of threads here about dreams and insomnia. But I don't have particularly bad dreams or insomnia. I'm just a night owl.

It's 1:00 AM and I'm alert and in the best mood I've been in all day. It's frustrating because when the night is so appealing and the day is so low, I choose to sabotage my own sleep routine. Inevitably, I end up staying up way too late, just to feel good. Does any one else find that they just feel better at night? How can you enjoy the night but also adhere to a 9 to 5 schedule?

2. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hello,

I don't really have bad dreams either. I had delayed sleep phase syndrome, a form of sleep-onset insomnia. So I didn't have trouble once I was asleep, it was just falling asleep I had a lot of issues with. My own fault, started when I was in college and like you I just felt alive at night, able to function better and accomplish more. Would sleep around 4am every night and try force myself to get out of bed at 7/8 for college. Last two years I have been able to adjust my biological clock and now sleep much better and if needs be can change it if I sabotage my routine.

What time are you normally sleeping? You posted at 1am but is that when you slept or a little later? You could probably manage to adhere to 9-5 if you sleep at 1 but if its later than that you are going to start struggling. Not sure if you want some tips on how to fix your sleep routine? If so, send me a reply and I can let you know what I did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.