Night terrors

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Lux, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Lux

Lux Well-Known Member

One of my dearest friends passed away Wednesday morning, she was ill for 5 months and finally lost her battle to cancer. She was just 20.
    I was prepared in some regards for her passing, as we knew it was coming, but I guess nothing can fully prepare you for the loss of someone who was always there for you.

During the day, I am fine, I am busy, but at night all I can hear is the last phone call we shared where she was crying/screaming down the phone that she wasn't ready to die. And the sound of the heart monitor machine when they eventually stopped all treatment.
    Does it go away? I want to sleep. I can't take it any more
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

-lux-, I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug: Right now you are grieving, so all the memories - especially your last call with her - will be vivid. It seems that for most of us, the painful memories fade away with time until what we remember most and best are the good times we shared with the person. If the night time is bad for memories coming up, perhaps you can prepare yourself - you know that the one memory will hurt...can you come up with memories of better times with her? People usually want the ones they leave behind to live on and live well. Perhaps you could do something special in memory of your friend? Write a poem, draw a picture, play a song?

Again, I'm sorry to hear your news. Give yourself some time and think of how much you and your friend cared and shared with each other.
  3. deb22

deb22 Well-Known Member

Hi lux- So sorry for your loss. The nights are the hardest for me as well and I sure do hope it eventually eases for us both. Cancer, it is the worst damn monster there is. I hope you can sleep, it is the only time I can remember the good, and rest is needed to help your body and mind deal with all the terrible pain. Hugs to you and I hope your dear friend would want your life to be full of love and happiness and maybe you can do that in memory of her one day in the future.
  4. Zaheer

Zaheer Account Closed

:( .....
  5. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

Sorry for your loss. :hug:
  6. Lux

Lux Well-Known Member

Thank you for the support everyone. I really appreciate it. <3
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I can't answer that question and don't think anyone can answer it for you, we all deal with grief differently. Only 20 years old, that is very sad may she rest in peace and may you feel better soon, keep talking and keep busy! Hugs :hug: