No Help

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by brokendoll83, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brokendoll83

brokendoll83 Active Member

I have bipolar disorder, have had eating disorders and self harm. I have tried to kill myself 10 times. I havent got access to a mental health team; theyre always busy and don't get back to me. My medication is taking too long to work. I only have the option of going to A & E when things get bad and seeing a psychiatrist there, but when I go there they usually say theres nothing they can do and to go home as Im not in danger. Even though I have overdosed and slit my wrists. It feels like no one actually wants to try to help me live. I know the mental health resources in my area are overstretched but I also know of people who use the service when there is nothing seriously wrong when people like me actually are in danger of dying.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Next time you go, see if you can establish a relationship with one person who you can contact...usually there are nurse practioners who are very responsive...wishing u better times, J

3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

:hug:

I know how frustrating it can be going to A&E just to be sent home again, I've been there more times than I care to remember.

Can you not ask your GP or psychiatrist (if you have one) to refer you to the mental health team? It sounds like you would benefit from seeing a cpn, especially if you've been diagnosed as bipolar.

:hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.