No hope

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by krishi824, Sep 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krishi824

krishi824 New Member

I couldn't sleep all night. I didn't go to work this morning. I feel like I don't have any willpower. I've been keeping up with most of my responsibilities, but I still have to take a day every once in a while. Even when I do the things I'm supposed to be doing, I'm just going through the motions. Since my boyfriend passed away a few weeks ago, it feels like the only reason I'm still doing things is because I haven't stopped breathing yet. It's supposed to get easier as time goes on, but it seems like it is just getting harder. I don't know how to make the pain go away other than to just not feel anything at all anymore.

2. random33

random33 Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry for your loss.

You need to find help, what you are going through is very, very hard.
    The death of a loved one is one of the hardest things life throws at us, don't worry about how you are suppose to feel, there are no steps, no time frame, everyone is different and we deal with grief differently, give yourself the freedom to feel, shout, cry, break stuff if you must, remember the good moments you have spent with your boyfriend, with time and proper help you will be able to keep him in your heart and to be gratefull for the moments you had together, it may seem like an impossible goal right now, but it is not.

I wish you the best

3. krishi824

krishi824 New Member

I have been getting help, seeing a counselor, and I'm very lucky that my friends and family are extremely supportive. However, it still just feels like this is never going to get better. It's hard to replace him in this future I had pictured with the thought of some other man.

Even the things I enjoy doing don't bring me any happiness. I'm just doing them because I know I should.

4. random33

random33 Well-Known Member

What you are now feeling is perfectly normal and natural, like I said earlier losing a loved one is a very traumatic event, I'm really happy that you have a good support system and are seeing a counselor, this is not an easy process but hang in there, you are not going to replace him, I can tell by your words that you loved him dearly, so he will always be in your heart, just don't close your heart, there are lots of good people out there and you may find someone special someday, just don't rush into things, for the time being focus on yourself, accept the support of friends and family, a shoulder to cry on is great therapy, follow your counselour advice's and give it time, you need time to grieve, I'm really sorry that you have to go through this, but we are here for you and will try to help you the best we can :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.