No sleep

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by cleeda123, Jul 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cleeda123

cleeda123 Member

I have been better for a while now, probably since April. But I always know that I am getting bad again because I can't sleep at night, the past week or so I have found myself lying awake until about 6 am and then not getting up until about 3pm. I know that I am sleeping so I shouldn't worry too much, but the only problem is for me that I hate being asleep until this time, it ruins my day and I just stay at home festering. And then it completely ruins my sleeping pattern and becomes a viscous cycle and I hate it. I also have really bizarre vivid dreams and am waking up every hour.
    I just want to be able to sleep properly again, before I start to become depressed again, as I can feel myself slipping back into it, thinking of self harm and having intrusive thoughts, etc.
    Don't know what to do to be able to sleep at night :(

2. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Try being an insomniac for more than twenty-three years - that will drive you crazy.

3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I have problems sleeping too. But I have meds that help me. Perhaps go to the doctors and ask them for sleeping pills? or for something to slow your brain, which is what I have. It doesn't do miracles but it helps. I have a hard time falling asleep, once I'm asleep I'm fine but it's to fall asleep that's hard.....

you can also try herbal teas, like camomille or naturopath stuff too...

4. cleeda123

cleeda123 Member

Leif I wasn't asking for comparison I was asking for suggestions.

Morning Rush - Thanks. I have taken diazepam (xanax) in the past and that helped, maybe I could ask for another prescription, just don't want to be on many more drugs than I already am really! I have some camomile tea in the cupboard so I will give that a try tonight, thanks again :)

5. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

you're welcome :) I do have a type of sleeping pill but I don't use it every day...so maybe just use it when you really need it and every few days or so? that way you don't get addicted if you're worried about that...

I too take a lot of meds...but I need them...otherwise I would be a wreck and very sick...anyways :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.