nocturnal panic attack

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by morning rush, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I had a panic attack in the middle of sleep!!!!! I woke up in a panic attack..at first I thought it was a allergic reaction to the new macaroni I ate but then I realized it was a panic attack and so I had to get up...never thought this could happen...

has anyone ever had a nocturnal panic attack??? that was really scary...

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Describe what happened during your sleeping panic attack. Did you feel like you were being strangled?

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i have woken up screaming befoe then was very afraid and could not settle or breath right is that what happen to you

4. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I woke up unable to breath (although technically I do breath) just like a normal panic attack just that it wouldn't go away and as I woke up more and more I realized it was a panic attack...I had no idea that you could get them during sleep is all...I know what a panic attack is...I wasn't asking if it was a panic attack...just that I had no idea you could get one during sleep

5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I am really sorry thats happening to you. yes you can get them during sleep. I have woken up with them many times. Although usually its in innitial stages of sleep.

If you believe in it, maybe you can ask your loving angels in the light ( yes you do have them, we all do) to help to keep that from happening. I love the angels. So of course I ask them for things. But thats just me. Not a religious thing, by the way. Cant promise that will work. but its worth a try.

I hope this stops soon and you can get good relief in your sleep, the way it should be :hugtackles:

6. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I like to believe in guardian angels too, but if they really do exist, then does that mean that demonic entities also exist? Could the negative spirits be trying to harm us in our sleep, while the angels are trying to protect us? :hiding:

7. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Dave, Perhaps you can just enjoy the light and love of the angels. I think that what we focus on is what we strengthen. Perhaps if you like the idea of loving angels in the light, you can just focus on them. Ask them for help. Dont worry about the rest. Light is always stronger than dark anyway. I hope that helps. Its safe to come out from under the chair. Promise. you are safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.