Ideas & Opinions NORMAL people being Crazy

Winslow

My Toughest Problem Has Been Solved.
SF Supporter
If you run across any news report of Normal people being crazy, then this is the thread for it. I'll start off with this one.

Neighbors of Mercedes New in Atlanta have taken to walking in front of their building with umbrellas raised, rain or shine. Why? Because Mercedes was allegedly in the habit of strolling around on his high-rise balcony naked and urinating through the bars onto the street below.
Mercedes, a rapper who sports distinctive yellow dreadlocks was arrested; neighbors shared video of him in the act with WSB-TV. But Mercedes insisted it wasn't him.
According to Mercedes,"I'm famous! I'm on TV! But I didn't do this. No. I'm innocent."
He was held at the Fulton County Jail.

I’d prefer to say irrational actions but a popular holiday spot has a specific day that future accommodate is available for booking, and one person stated that
"So we make that on the morning of we've got no meetings … everything's clear so we're available to sit in front of the computer from 8:30," she said.
"There's nine of us that log on, we have about four devices each so laptops, iPads, phones, and we just wait for our lucky number to come up." And even this approach sees them miss out securing a booking.

Winslow

SF Supporter
A British artist known as Mr. Doodle (Real name: Sam Cox) has doodled throughout his entire mansion in Tenterden, Kent, United Press International reported. Everything is covered: walls, furniture, kitchen appliances, textiles, floors, ceilings.
Cox shared The Doodle House with the world on a YouTube video, taking viewers through the process from stark white to completely doodled. It took him two years, 240 gallons of white paint, 401 cans of black spray paint and almost 2,300 black pens to complete the project.

Winslow

SF Supporter
Susan Woods, 55, of Hadley, Massachusetts, is facing multiple assault/battery charges after she took extreme measures in an attempt to prevent what she and other protesters believed was a wrongful eviction being carried out by sheriff's deputies in Longmeadow. WWLP-22 reported that Woods drove an SUV hauling a trailer loaded with beehives to the residence of Alton King, the home owner being served an eviction notice. While wearing a beekeeping suit, Woods shook the hives, unleashing a swarm on the officers, three of whom were allergic to the stings. Sheriff Nick Cocchi said Woods' actions could have gotten someone killed: "We had one staff member go to the hospital and luckily, he was alright or she would be facing manslaughter charges."

Lady Wolfshead

wishes you well
Susan Woods, 55, of Hadley, Massachusetts, is facing multiple assault/battery charges after she took extreme measures in an attempt to prevent what she and other protesters believed was a wrongful eviction being carried out by sheriff's deputies in Longmeadow. WWLP-22 reported that Woods drove an SUV hauling a trailer loaded with beehives to the residence of Alton King, the home owner being served an eviction notice. While wearing a beekeeping suit, Woods shook the hives, unleashing a swarm on the officers, three of whom were allergic to the stings. Sheriff Nick Cocchi said Woods' actions could have gotten someone killed: "We had one staff member go to the hospital and luckily, he was alright or she would be facing manslaughter charges."
Wow, that's nasty. I saw a boy who was allergic get stung once and his face swelled up - it was scary. I hope they throw the book at her - they probably will because it was police officers she chose to attack.

Waves

No. Violence like this is not justified. Ever.
I agree not an excuse but shies what people do when desperate. So maybe we should address our social problems that make people so desperate. Like homelessness and lack of food etc while landlords drive 100,000$ cars

Waves

I read about a schoolteacher in UK who was fired from her teaching job because she was on onlyfans. I presume her students saw her and squealed or a co-worker. I don’t condone Onlyfans but wonder if she was paid well as a teacher if she would resort to Onlyfans to pay her rent and to feed her children. Can we blame her for doing what she had to do to provide for her family if there was no other way? Hard to find jobs and one that pays a living that allows parents to send their children to schools so they have a better life in their future. In my humble opinion

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
It is interesting how many believe so much in something that they feel anything they do is justified by their cause. They never would feel the same if someone else did the same to them and often believe that they are wronged beyond belief. Some honestly don't think the law applies to them and others just have to live with what is being done. There is a difference in peacefully protesting and believing you are a law unto yourself.

I admit my response was partly due to my disgust at using an animal/insect to attack someone This is extremely cowardly. I feel very strongly against people who use animals in this manner. The animal always ends up dying. Bees die when they sting. And bees are endangered.

I don't know if the eviction was justified or not, but protesters lose the moral high ground the minute they turn violent.

I read about a schoolteacher in UK who was fired from her teaching job because she was on onlyfans. I presume her students saw her and squealed or a co-worker. I don’t condone Onlyfans but wonder if she was paid well as a teacher if she would resort to Onlyfans to pay her rent and to feed her children. Can we blame her for doing what she had to do to provide for her family if there was no other way? Hard to find jobs and one that pays a living that allows parents to send their children to schools so they have a better life in their future. In my humble opinion
Do you know what she was paid? Or that she couldn't have found another part-time job to supplement her income? Lots of teachers tutor - my husband did, and it pays well. And a lot of companies would fire her for doing sex work online, not just teaching jobs.

@Waves So I looked up that teacher and she sounds like an attention-seeking narcissist. She clearly chose OnlyFans because it is easy money. She is honestly saying the moms of the children she teaches are just protesting her nude photos because they are jealous of her body. Anyway, the publicity from this story has made her famous so she won't need to teach anymore anyway. No loss to the teaching profession I am sure - someone else can have her job. And most teaching jobs in Canada and the UK pay well. I know it might not be the same in the US but she's from the UK

p.s. there is no way on earth that as a physics teacher she could not have found tutoring work- science and math are the most in-demand subjects for tutors. Tutoring from an accredited teacher here starts at $40/hr Cdn and goes up from there.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster.
— Nietzsche
This is an awesome quote and a personal message to all of us not to resort to nasty tactics. As a fiction writer, I know that the hero(ine) must never stoop to the villain's level.

"An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind" - Martin Luther King Jr.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Violence only begets more violence Waves. That's gonna come back around.
That does make me think of a year ago in Portland Oregon when Antifa decided they were going to chase the Gypsy Joker motorcycle gang out of the city. Being peaceful Antifa went armed and tried to use forceand the results were not what they expected so then they complained about bad things happening to them. I guess you have to be a real brain trust to believe that attacking an outlaw motorcycle gang along the lines of the Hell's Angels and the Bandidos in Texas which commit every crime on Earth would be a wise choice...

seabird

meandering home
SF Supporter
@KM76710 I've had a couple of friends over the years who found out about that. One of them asked for my help in hiding from certain people. I apologized and firmly seclined.

Winslow

SF Supporter
TOPIARY is the art of clipping shrubbery or trees into ornamental shapes.
Keith Tyssen of Sheffield, England, has maintained a striking topiary he calls "Gloria" in his front garden since 2000--the bush depicts a woman lying back in the reclining position with her knees bent.
But, MSN reported, Tyssen has a problem with random drunken louts entering his yard, usually during the night, and becoming intimate with the shrub. For one thing, he said, the noise wakes him up. But more disturbing, their acts have damaged Gloria's figure.
Now Tyssen is begging his community to leave Gloria alone.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00