Not a conspiracy theorist BUT....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random

The "thought police" aren't necessarily cops. If you didn't get the reference, you need to read Orwell's "1984". Loosely, the thought police are people who try to suppress free thought and free speech (and freedom in general) any and everywhere in the world through any means at their disposal. The things they "police" are usually not specifically illegal.

ConfusedSilence

Orwell is good but you have to really want to understand. This guy I know apparantly read "Animal Farm", and said it's "what made [him] the right-winger he is today". Clearly he missed the point of the book.

Random

By the way, to the OP - Anyone who doesn't blindly accept everything they're told is a conspiracy theorist. But don't worry. These days, it's a badge of honor. Wear it proudly.

Underground

By the way, to the OP - Anyone who doesn't blindly accept everything they're told is a conspiracy theorist. But don't worry. These days, it's a badge of honor. Wear it proudly.
Some (perhaps not all) conspiracy theories are OTT and lack credibility, though. Such as the whole "omg 9/11 was an inside job!!!111" thing. Sure, it could've been an inside job, but why has nobody ever even hinted coming forward about it? Trust me, it'd take quite a lot of people to cover up an event that big, and there would be bound to be someone in that group willing to break the silence. There's also no real reason why the US/CIA/Bush would attack their own country, which not only killed thousands of US Citizens but also had a negative effect on the American economy. I don't believe in the official story 100%, but I don't think there is a conspiracy theory behind it.

I'm also not a fan of those 'YouTube anarchist' conspiracy theorists that make videos of themselves deliberately winding up the police and then claiming to "know their rights" when they're about to get arrested, despite being warned several times before. Then they make out we're living in some 1984-esque police state.. ironic.. if that was true, they sure as hell would not be allowed to freely upload all those videos.

Random

Some (perhaps not all) conspiracy theories are OTT and lack credibility, though.
Everyone has more credibility than the US government. My dog has more credibility than they do. Impotent argument from an apparent bootlicker. If anyone trusted the government, those "conspiracy theories" would have never gotten anywhere.

And by the way, we're not living 1984 YET. Those people are trying to show you that there are warning signs if you look in the right places under the right circumstances. You know? If you wait until the boot really is on your face before you admit there even is a boot, you're fucked. There are reliable warning signs that you always see when tyranny is approaching. It doesn't take a whole lot to "wind up the police". Maybe they are doing it on purpose but they're doing it to show people what's going on with the cops and how little it takes to have them go fucking crazy on you. Many people have had the cops go nuts on them without having done anything to "wind them up".

Last edited by a moderator:

johnnysays

I think as you age you start to learn that most conspiracies are junk and people waste a chunk of their lives chasing after them. But there's no way to communicate this to younglings. They have to chase them, every single one, until they also understand that most of them are junk. To make things simple: if you're so thoroughly engrossed by these theories that you fail to go to school and make yourself a career then maybe it's time to adjust how you're living. Maybe the conspiracy isn't out there. It's in you.

I'm not endorsing blissful ignorance. I'm only telling you that life is mortal and most of what's human is BS. You're much better off, ultimately, to spend your time finishing school and/or improving your career skills. Furthermore, if at some point you do choose to chase after conspiracies, at least wait until AFTER 20 years of earning income as a professional! That helps.

We literally live in a cesspool. In a human waste pit. Most of what IS smells bad and has a crooked past. So when I say to go to school and/or earn career skills to get a good job, what I'm telling you is that there's very little choice. If you look around you within reason you will see the BS everywhere yourself! When you boil it all away, we're biological organisms and without food and water and shelter and luxury (which is earned) we're nothing more than sh**storms that can barely tie our own shoes.

In other words, we're human dogs. We were monkeys not too long ago. We're still animals. We have to earn every scrap we manage to find in life. Nothing is handed to you. We're garbage until we've earned our keep and are able to exist independently on our own. If you already can manage on your own and you like to talk conspiracies then I am fine with you, but as for those who use these conspiracies as an excuse to forgo on life's responsibilities, I have no sympathy! None! Conspiracies are nil versus the other things you can do.

Fairy tales change nothing. Only reliable method to change yourself is hard work and, if you're lucky, passion.

Random

I'm not endorsing blissful ignorance.
Yes you are.

I'm only telling you that life is mortal
Fortunately.

and most of what's human is BS.
Including most of that horseshit they feed you on the boob tube and in all the newspapers and magazines and officially official web sites and trashy tabloids and stupid radio shows. And yes. Even the Alex Jones people themselves are part of the machine. They have their purpose like all the rest of them.

You're much better off, ultimately, to spend your time finishing school and/or improving your career skills.
It's nice of you to attempt to define what my life should be but I think I'll decide for myself what's better for me.

Furthermore, if at some point you do choose to chase after conspiracies, at least wait until AFTER 20 years of earning income as a professional! That helps.
Yeah. Wait for 20 years. That way whatever they're up to will be 20 years ahead of me.

I'm not a kid and I'm not stupid. I know something's going on. I don't have a life to waste so all I'm doing is observing. I wouldn't be doing anything else anyway.

johnnysays

Yes you are.

Fortunately.

Including most of that horseshit they feed you on the boob tube and in all the newspapers and magazines and officially official web sites and trashy tabloids and stupid radio shows. And yes. Even the Alex Jones people themselves are part of the machine. They have their purpose like all the rest of them.

It's nice of you to attempt to define what my life should be but I think I'll decide for myself what's better for me.

Yeah. Wait for 20 years. That way whatever they're up to will be 20 years ahead of me.

I'm not a kid and I'm not stupid. I know something's going on. I don't have a life to waste so all I'm doing is observing. I wouldn't be doing anything else anyway.
Just know that when it gets bad, don't blame anybody except you. I understand that you think this is the appropriate choice for yourself, but responsibilities or your career and those around should always come first. If you choose something else then you must appreciate the consequences of that decision. Don't lie. Don't deny. Just admit it and when the sh** hits the fan, accept whatever comes your way gracefully and to the best of your abilities.

Underground

Random said:
Everyone has more credibility than the US government. My dog has more credibility than they do. Impotent argument from an apparent bootlicker. If anyone trusted the government, those "conspiracy theories" would have never gotten anywhere.

And by the way, we're not living 1984 YET. Those people are trying to show you that there are warning signs if you look in the right places under the right circumstances. You know? If you wait until the boot really is on your face before you admit there even is a boot, you're fucked. There are reliable warning signs that you always see when tyranny is approaching. It doesn't take a whole lot to "wind up the police". Maybe they are doing it on purpose but they're doing it to show people what's going on with the cops and how little it takes to have them go fucking crazy on you. Many people have had the cops go nuts on them without having done anything to "wind them up".
See, this is part of the reason people generally don't take conspiracy theorists seriously. You think anyone who disagrees with you is a "sheep" or in your case, an "apparent boot licker". :rolleyes: You don't want to be forced to believe in everything you read or hear from the official count, but you see it fit to force your opinions on others, pretty much like saying "agree with us.. or else.." which seems to be the thing you claim to be against? You know, tyranny and all. You also have no solid proof that these conspiracy theories are true. It's just all speculation.

Random

See, this is part of the reason people generally don't take conspiracy theorists seriously. You think anyone who disagrees with you is a "sheep" or in your case, an "apparent boot licker". :rolleyes:
People don't take "conspiracy theorists" seriously because they know something is wrong with this world (something way beyond what they will admit) but they don't want to admit it. People always want to believe the shallowest thing they can see is the truth. And people hate uncertainty and danger. The great unknown. People made up an invisible man who is supposed to have created the entire universe because of their fear of the unknown. You don't think same types of people would believe blatant lies for the same reason?

You don't want to be forced to believe in everything you read or hear from the official count, but you see it fit to force your opinions on others, pretty much like saying "agree with us.. or else.." which seems to be the thing you claim to be against? You know, tyranny and all. You also have no solid proof that these conspiracy theories are true. It's just all speculation.
If there's no truth to any of it, why does it bother you so much? One or two threads in a great big forum like this one are easy enough to ignore. It's amazing how upset people get over a bunch of lunatics who are just speculating.

Oh, and by the way, sometimes you can make a pretty good guess about things by taking what you know and extrapolating. Speculation is not always worthless. Especially when your only alternative is to just trust Wolf Blitzer and Barack Obama and George W. Bush.

The only thing I'm forcing anyone to do is to allow me to speak. I'm not forcing you to believe it. You don't even have to read it. But it's kind of hard for those of us who don't believe the official stories to refuse to listen when it's everywhere. We can't turn on the TV or open a magazine or anything else without hearing it. And truly, the thing that upsets people the most is the fact that "conspiracy theorists" are allowed to speak at all. You hardly heard any bellyaching about it before the internet. And now, it seems, we're some kind of threat to civilization as we know it because we can suddenly express ourselves.

Deal with it. And if you don't like it, go watch some CNN or something to renew your faith.

Some (perhaps not all) conspiracy theories are OTT and lack credibility, though. Such as the whole "omg 9/11 was an inside job!!!111" thing. Sure, it could've been an inside job, but why has nobody ever even hinted coming forward about it? Trust me, it'd take quite a lot of people to cover up an event that big, and there would be bound to be someone in that group willing to break the silence. There's also no real reason why the US/CIA/Bush would attack their own country, which not only killed thousands of US Citizens but also had a negative effect on the American economy. I don't believe in the official story 100%, but I don't think there is a conspiracy theory behind it.

I'm also not a fan of those 'YouTube anarchist' conspiracy theorists that make videos of themselves deliberately winding up the police and then claiming to "know their rights" when they're about to get arrested, despite being warned several times before. Then they make out we're living in some 1984-esque police state.. ironic.. if that was true, they sure as hell would not be allowed to freely upload all those videos.
Possible reason why they would?

I'm Don't know if 9/11 was an inside job but this is a really big coincidence

There's also no real reason why the US/CIA/Bush would attack their own country, which not only killed thousands of US Citizens but also had a negative effect on the American economy. I don't believe in the official story 100%, but I don't think there is a conspiracy theory behind it.
Oh, I remember this war.. Vietnam? Yeaaaaah that's it! Not only did the US start it by a false-flag attack, they also LOST it! Buuut, what was increased? (I assume it was, at least) Arms sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00