Not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorax

Well, over the last year I've been on a steady decline of food/ water intake. It started after moving/ several other big changes.

For a month after moving, I binged out. Then I started just eating a few small things a day. After a few months, I basically either started eating one actual meal daily, or none. For days on end sometimes. (A week at highest)
Right now, I'm on the one or two small things at night diet.

The more troubling is my water intake has been slowly dwindling. I'm hydrated enough according to :::: color, and all. But I just have to force it down. I really hate drinking it.

But, I'm not loosing/ gaining weight at all. Still emptying excess water all the damn time. I'm about 6'5 and 170lbs. I feel pretty fat actually, but can't loose any weight. I was 140 once. Used to average about 150. Not sure where the 20lbs came on. Oh well though, I'm somehow still perfectly healthy.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I have a similar problem. I usually will only eat one meal a day, I'm not hungry simply put, and can go days without food, my record is 5 days. I noticed my digestive system is slow as I'll still feel the food 12-24 hours later in tummy, can taste it sometimes.

For water intake, I don't drink nothing but diet pop, occasional milk, rarely flavored water some days it's only 24oz of pop that's it. Mostly pop only. I know I should be able to increase my fluid intake... I'm just not thirsty

I'm not losing weight I think it's the metabolism as stomach should be emptying food quicker?

I think it will be unhealthy in the long run due to lack of nutrition that the system needs.

Lorax

I have a similar problem. I usually will only eat one meal a day, I'm not hungry simply put, and can go days without food, my record is 5 days. I noticed my digestive system is slow as I'll still feel the food 12-24 hours later in tummy, can taste it sometimes.

For water intake, I don't drink nothing but diet pop, occasional milk, rarely flavored water some days it's only 24oz of pop that's it. Mostly pop only. I know I should be able to increase my fluid intake... I'm just not thirsty

I'm not losing weight I think it's the metabolism as stomach should be emptying food quicker?

I think it will be unhealthy in the long run due to lack of nutrition that the system needs.
Yea, I was on Aderall before, but that made me more hungry. Like I never felt "full" but that was before this new thing. I sometimes get munchies after taking benzos (ambien or xanax) but otherwise, I just don't feel like eating. Stress can do that, but I'm a pretty calm guy.

Yea, i was on a 12 pack every day or two diet back in the day. (Soda) if we have koolaid, I kill 2 quarts a day. It's the official drink of my grandma's house :)

I've heard not eating makes your body store fat, since it thinks there's no food around. Then it eats muscles up. But I'd imagine a vitamin or something helps. My friend lives off of Ensure. Might be better than nothing?

Growing Pains

There is *some* truth to the body storing fat, but honestly, the internet exaggerates it.

The reason it's really, really bad has more to do with what it does to your organs and your mind overtime. It can - and does - do a lot of damage.

Ensure helps a lot. Any breakfast nutrition drinks. Heck, even smoothies. I find that it's easier, sometimes, to drink my nutrition than to eat it.

Offbrand Ensure is cheaper. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00