not sure what this is

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by wheresmysheep, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Atm I am not very well; I am sweating profusely for no apparent reason, it just pours down my face and my general body temperature is up all over, I have constant headaches and nausea and when I eat I gag on solid food, if I am eating I have to take really really small bites of the food, and chew it really well at the side of my mouth before I can even attempt to try and swallow it, and as its going down it feels like theres a big lump just above my stomach and its all getting caught there and is waiting to come back up.
    Meat as well I cant go near, the texture, the solidness of it, just makes me vomit. I'm also running to the loo alot, and am very gaseous, the problem being with that that when I burp food comes up with it.
    I have gone to the doc about these things, and they are running tests to see if they can find anything, but I'm just wondering if anyone here has any insight to it?

2. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Do you have a history of bulimia? It could be ulcers in your esophagus. I experienced something sort of similar in late 2008 when I was throwing up a lot, I ended up not being able to keep anything down because the physical pain was so strong. Not being able to keep anything down, even water, caused my electrolytes to be very imbalanced and my potassium was really low. I think it's a good idea to try to drink something like ensure or boost (not sure what the UK equivalent is), something liquid that can give you vitamins and calories for energy.

3. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

Yeah I'm mainly on soup atm, and drinking lots of water and a few cups of tea. I went through about a 6month phase of purging, but I havent purged in about 2-3months and I also go through phases of only having dinner and nothing else all day, I just dont know what this could be, I shouldve said too, I ahve kidney pain and abdominal pain and noises too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.