Nothing to look forward to

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Obsessive, Apr 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obsessive

Obsessive Well-Known Member

What do you do when you just can't find anything in life worth living for? I used to have a passion for online gaming, but now I can't get interested in anything. Tired of gaming, not interested in reading, watching TV, movies. Now all I can do is try to muster up enough patience to get through the day until bed time. :( I just can't stand it.

I've been on over 30 medications, seen over 8 therapists, and had my brain fried (ECT) with no success. Playing games used to get me through the day and at least distract me from my problems, now I have nothing except to dwell on my problems all day. Why do I suddenly have nothing? :confused:

2. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

try learning a skill, working out, learning to play an instrument... in the end it wont matter what people think but what you think of yourself. go out have fun, fuck what people think

3. Obsessive

Obsessive Well-Known Member

Yeah, I should go out and do more. But now that I think about it, I haven't been getting tired of what I enjoy - I've just been experiencing what is likely a side effect of a medicine I'm taking; anxiousness and restlessness. I can barely even sit down I'm so restless. :(

Nice to know that this most likely is just temporary, but I still have no idea how I'm going to get through it. The days feel so long now. ><

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.