Now what?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Obsessive, Apr 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obsessive

Obsessive Well-Known Member

Getting burnt out on the only computer game I can play, and soon I will have nothing. I'm so awful at everything I can't even play the popular games with people such as strategy and FPS because I'm so fuckin retarded. Why can't I do anything right? :sad:

Soon I'll have no choice except hospitalization. My addiction to one game has kept my depression under control, but now I fear for the worst.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Can you talk to us about why you're so depressed?

3. Obsessive

I have very low self-esteem, no real interests, dread the future, and nothing makes me happy anymore. Every day feels like a new chore. Everyone else can at least keep themselves busy with going out, watching TV, etc. but I have very low attention span and need something stimulating so that I don't dwell on my dreadful thoughts. I wish I could just die.

4. shades

shades Staff Alumni

There are many people here in your position. Please continue to post and you can send me a private message if you want to talk privately. I will respond! There are many caring, insightful people here who will listen and talk to you.

5. Obsessive

Thank you. It makes me feel a little better knowing that I'm not alone in feeling like this. Meds and therapy still have yet to yield any positive results.

6. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I don't know much about computer games, but aren't there any you could borrow from friends (to see if you like them) or check them out on-line? There must be some that you'd like where you don't have to really compete against anyone! I've always wanted to try one where you have the POV of a fighter pilot as the graphics look great and require some skill.

Like I said, I don't know much about them so maybe I'm way off base. But continue with the therapy and maybe switch meds eventually. I had to try many before I got any results and I think most here have had to try several different ones as well.

Please stay in touch with us.

7. Obsessive

Pretty much all the good games involve some form of competition. =/ Single player games just don't last long enough. Currently waiting on a new game coming out in June, Champions Online, but not sure it'll keep me busy for months. I just need good games that don't involve competition to distract me because I don't enjoy anything. Every day I pretty much just count down until bedtime. Life's so miserable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.