Trigger warning for self harm, just in case.
I’ve recently started taking antidepressants and while I feel less horrible and self loathing than before, I’ve just become sort of, empty? I don’t feel anything at all without stimulants (caffeine, nicotine etc) and my self harm has increased as a result. I’m pretty sure that stems from wanting to trigger some kind of emotional response. I feel absolutely nothing all day, go to bed and repeat. It’s causing concern to the people around me because I can’t hide my depression as well anymore, I can’t figure out how to fake genuine emotional responses to things.
Do I continue with the medication and wait for some improvement? Or should I mention it to my doctor? Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this.
I’ve recently started taking antidepressants and while I feel less horrible and self loathing than before, I’ve just become sort of, empty? I don’t feel anything at all without stimulants (caffeine, nicotine etc) and my self harm has increased as a result. I’m pretty sure that stems from wanting to trigger some kind of emotional response. I feel absolutely nothing all day, go to bed and repeat. It’s causing concern to the people around me because I can’t hide my depression as well anymore, I can’t figure out how to fake genuine emotional responses to things.
Do I continue with the medication and wait for some improvement? Or should I mention it to my doctor? Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this.
self harm increasing is not a good thing, and I hope you find a different one to try. I would tell your GP.