Obama is politician

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you guys in America expect from him?

The fulfillment of pre-election promises?
A new kind of politics?

The man has failed,his choices are questionable and his actions(inactions) are ranging on the negligible.

He chose a liar,who's husband sweetened oppressive regimes while he was in power,to handle your foreign affairs and he phones the Saudis for advice on democracy.
Secretly negotiating and striking deals with the elite away from the gaze of the people is not what we need right now.
That kind of shit has gone on too long.
He can almost make one believe that governments don't matter anymore and all the real decisions are made in corporate boardrooms,regardless of the law.

Over the past month the small guys all around the world have looked to him for inspiration and guidance in times of crisis only to find that he has crept backwards out of every situation that mattered.
Out of sight and out of mind while people are out on the streets fighting to take something back or keep what little they have.

The guy is dull.He made for a good poster model though.
"Yes we can"
Iconic and ironic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3SFXQfE4kk

Last edited by a moderator:
What did you guys in America expect from him?

The fulfillment of pre-election promises?
A new kind of politics?

The man has failed,his choices are questionable and his actions(inactions) are ranging on the negligible.

He chose a liar,who's husband sweetened oppressive regimes while he was in power,to handle your foreign affairs and he phones the Saudis for advice on democracy.
Secretly negotiating and striking deals with the elite away from the gaze of the people is not what we need right now.
That kind of shit has gone on too long.
He can almost make one believe that governments don't matter anymore and all the real decisions are made in corporate boardrooms,regardless of the law.

Over the past month the small guys all around the world have looked to him for inspiration and guidance in times of crisis only to find that he has crept backwards out of every situation that mattered.
Out of sight and out of mind while people are out on the streets fighting to take something back or keep what little they have.

The guy is dull.He made for a good poster model though.
"Yes we can"
Iconic and ironic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3SFXQfE4kk
Too little too late, everyone already knew this from the beginning, I didn't vote for him.
Everything about him was questionable from the beginning.
He had no real political experience before this, his citizenship is still in question and while in office he tripled national debt.
Just because he is half-black (calling himself 100% black because he is a racist) doesn't mean he was what was best for the U.S.A.

Zurkhardo

No politician's record is spotless. You'd be hard-pressed to find any leader who accomplished everything they claimed they would, let alone what was unreasonably expected by people.

He passed healthcare reform, which however flawed and incomplete still managed to create some sort of foundation from which we can build a better and more equitable healthcare system.

He cut taxes for the middle-class, which didn't get as much attention as it should have.

He ended the absurd "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy, as well as suspending the mostly unconstitutional "Defense of Marriage" act.

He's kicking in reforms for education, with ideas like Race to the Top, which was a long time coming (and will be long still).

He repaired relations with Europe and other allies, which were snubbed by his predecessor. And the people he appointed, while ethically suspect (who isn't in politics anymore), were of a far more integritous caliber than that of Bush.

I agree that he was over-hyped, and pretty much rode the anti-Bush wave into power. But keep in mind that America's complex political system means that presidents can only do so much. It's the legislative branch that largely holds the power. Not only is that institution rife with polarization, venality, and and bought off politicians, but by its very nature and procedure it makes speedy changes difficult. Things aren't going to change in just two years. Of course, it doesn't help that we're essentially a semi-oligarchy with respect to corporate influence on both politics and the public.

@Bruttenholm

His citizenship is questioned, but not legitimately so. He's provided evidence of his being a citizen. There is no way the man could've become a senator and then president without obvious proof of his citizenship.

And he's only called himself black in the same way that most every American, black and non-black, does too. That's known as hypodescent, and it's a typical sociological position of many Americans. Obama is hardly the first example of mixed-race people being branded as one race or the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
No politician's record is spotless. You'd be hard-pressed to find any leader who accomplished everything they claimed they would, let alone what was unreasonably expected by people.

He passed healthcare reform, which however flawed and incomplete still managed to create some sort of foundation from which we can build a better and more equitable healthcare system.

He cut taxes for the middle-class, which didn't get as much attention as it should have.

He ended the absurd "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy, as well as suspending the mostly unconstitutional "Defense of Marriage" act.

He's kicking in reforms for education, with ideas like Race to the Top, which was a long time coming (and will be long still).

He repaired relations with Europe and other allies, which were snubbed by his predecessor. And the people he appointed, while ethically suspect (who isn't in politics anymore), were of a far more integritous caliber than that of Bush.

I agree that he was over-hyped, and pretty much rode the anti-Bush wave into power. But keep in mind that America's complex political system means that presidents can only do so much. It's the legislative branch that largely holds the power. Not only is that institution rife with polarization, venality, and and bought off politicians, but by its very nature and procedure it makes speedy changes difficult. Things aren't going to change in just two years. Of course, it doesn't help that we're essentially a semi-oligarchy with respect to corporate influence on both politics and the public.

@Bruttenholm

His citizenship is questioned, but not legitimately so. He's provided evidence of his being a citizen. There is no way the man could've become a senator and then president without obvious proof of his citizenship.

And he's only called himself black in the same way that most every American, black and non-black, does too. That's known as hypodescent, and it's a typical sociological position of many Americans. Obama is hardly the first example of mixed-race people being branded as one race or the other.
What evidence? He told us his birth certificate is in Hawaii but no one has seen it.
Also, Reagen got away with high treason you think one guy can't become a senator and president if the belt way insiders want it that way?

I think we need political reform.
A large percentage of U.S. Congress members are millionaires, we need people who want to do the job of "public service" for good reasons, not just money and influence.
I believe we should institutionalize pay caps, limit salary increases and lower their retirement packages, they get more in retirement then they did working.

Zurkhardo

The birth certificate has actually been shown already, published by several sources. The problem is that Hawaii doesn't have short or long-form birth certificates (unlike most other states) so people assume something suspicious. It's based on a lot of misunderstandings about citizenship and birth laws.

In any case, I agree with your second paragraph.

Very interesting observations guys.

I hope for your sake Obama remembers he was chosen by the people as the man to make sure the regulators and the law makers work on your behalf.

YOUR guy at the VERY top....hopefully wearing his soft shoes sometime soon.

:patriot:

Does anyone really think it matters if the president isn't a natural citizen of the US anyways?
It's a part of U.S. law, if we don't uphold one law, why should we uphold any?
No one is above the law and no one is above reproach from their sins

Sorry I am horribly depressed, it's started affecting me at school and now everything hurts and I want to die
I hate myself

I hate everything

This country needs reform, needs new leaders, not idiots who want to be television stars and the presidents of the united states

Technically his ideas are not unlike that of communists before him, in the most specific of points.
Many of his plans call for more and more government control of formerly private businesses and companies.
Then again, Unions are communist too, if you work in a union, a common situation can be one where a group of union workers is striking in California and a group from the same union in Iowa is expected to stop what they're doing and strike with them.
Unions are not needed anymore, there are more lawyers/attorneys willing to defend working class citizens than back in 1890, so the union is really only being held by union leaders who stand to make 100,000-300,000 a year on union dues ( and that is an average number).
I know someone who pays 500 dollars in union dues and the union is only required to find him work once a year, they found him a six month job that was only TEMPORARY.

Obama isn't some all knowing, super black man who can fix all of our problems, he is just another politician.
I remember seeing black people in the streets being interviewed and saying ridiculous things to camera men, like they didn't have to pay for anything anymore.
Do black people in America honestly think that white people are just handed stacks of money and whispered "don't tell them", no, I know because I grew up in a mixed race neighborhood and my great grandfather is black (he passed away before I was born though).

Again, I say, the problem is not democrats, republicans or communists, it's idiots.
Communists scared Americans back in the 50s, but everyone the world over knows it is a flawed idea.
People are afraid of China, why? There is so much civil unrest, the people of China know their government is getting more and more money and are demanding better school systems, health care and other opportunities that America already has and the Chinese government can't give those things or they'll just become a capitalist society because eventually the Chinese will want more say in their government and more freedom and what do you get? America!

Hellfrost

I would agree on the premise that Obama hasn’t delivered and is a tad of a weak president but it beats having grandpa and Mrs. The-cave-called.-It-wants-its-batshit-back in office.

Where I think Obama failed is that he is too conservative. He should have never renewed the bush tax shifts, he should have stopped all three unnecessary wars as they only cost innocent lives and don’t accomplish a whole lot except for raise the defecate, he should have repealed “Don’t ask, don’t tell” day 1. And lastly, Wallstreet should have its nuts hooked up to a car battery. Regulations please!

AND he should have had Fixed “news” reporters kicked out of any press briefing. If you’re not gonna tell the truth and edit every bit of news footage to your preference then you’re not welcome here!

Keith Olbermann for president!

Kaos General

Im from the UK so he doesnt really affect me but is it just me who thinks he is a lost cause as a politician but would become a great motivational speaker?

Hellfrost

People expected him to kinda stumble and fail in politics and excel in public speaking. However it turned out the other way around. Palin got that whole “deathpannels” rumor started and they didn’t really know how to approach that. Same with Obamacare or government healthcare. He should have nipped that in the bud and called it what it was; medicare for all. Over the last 2 years he did accomplish a bit though; He got a New Start treaty signed with Russia, eliminated Don’t ask. Don’t tell, got a new healthcare bill signed in law, extended unemployment benefits. And most of that was just the last month of 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00