October 17th/2016

Discussion in 'Jim's Cafe' started by Brian777, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Wow it's 3pm in Canada and the cafe is still closed, oh well I hope I opened it correctly :)
    Greetings everyone, it's Monday and the start of a new week, may it be better than last week for everyone.
    It's a sunny warm Autumn day here and I've missed most of it from being awake all night and sleeping till noon.
    I'm just making tea cause I don't know how to cook that well.
    Hugs to everyone :)
    Brian

smackh2o likes this.
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I hope I won't have to deal with more asshats on the phone. I will just have to screw around with them and not let them get to me. Words can only affect me if I let them, so I need to keep that in mind.

Brian777 likes this.
  3. Inanimate

Inanimate Well-Known Member

Hello

There's really just... not much going on in my life. Over the last month, I've been trying to gain weight. I managed to gain two pounds overall, and I was supposed to gain another pound by today, but apparently I lost a pound? It makes no sense considering how much I eat. It's discouraging. I do have a fast metabolism, and I need to eat much more than the average individual to maintain weight, let alone gain weight, but I mean come on. Come... on! I don't want to just accept that my weight gain isn't always going to be a linear trend. How the fuck is there a setback if I'm consistently eating 1000 calories over the daily value? It's horseshit.

Brian777 likes this.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm annoyed, I'm tired, I'm anxious, I'm frustrated and feel belittled. Dear life, fuck you.

Brian777 likes this.
  5. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

We had practice today. I was thinking about killing myself earlier, but then I read the announcement that since our game is Friday, we have practice today, tomorrow, and Thursday. I was just like "screw it, I'll give it a chance." It was a somewhat shortened practice because there were some kids who had an ultimate frisbee game on our field. We did a lot of passing today, and everybody was commenting on how much I'm improving. I actually got tackled for the first time today, and it was gentler than I expected. Probably because I kind of froze up when someone passed me the ball during the drill where there was tackling... I think I mostly sucked today, especially during the conditioning drills, but everyone was being really nice and encouraging. Then afterwards I got to hang out for a short time with a few of the guys. Now I have to do a take-home midterm that's a bunch of essays that I haven't started. Thankfully the professor encourages us to be concise and hasn't given us any length requirements.

Also looks like we can maybe make the playoffs in the wild card spot with a win on Friday. We haven't really won yet this year I don't think, so I'm not sure what's going to happen.

Brian777 likes this.