One Thing to be Grateful for Each Day

LonelyHiker

Incidental aka FairWeather™
SF Supporter
I've never been there. What is it like? Why would you move there? :)
It is one the most remote and least visited national parks in the US, located in the extreme SW corner of Texas, on the border with Mexico. It is in the Chihuahua desert, hundreds of miles from anywhere. I have been backpacking there twice, and it was a spiritual experience, even for an atheist such as myself. I have always had a fantasy of selling all my crap, picking up stakes and moving there, or at least the immediate vicinity. One of the last truly wild places in the states.

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Oh dear, are they annoying you @DowntheRabbitHole ? The sun was shining here again today but unfortunately I didn't get to feel it on my pastey British legs because I was stuck indoors at work all day :(

I sat outside for 15 minutes when I got home from work but the sun had gone in by then. I'm hoping it'll still be good weather at the weekend.

Last edited:

Winslow

My Toughest Problem Has Been Solved.
SF Supporter
Always feeling gratitude for my psychotherapist. He's very good because he knows exactly what to say to give me encouragement.
So what shocks and appalls me are the many on this forum who hate and resent their therapist. What you folks should do is look for another one until you find a therapist whom you feel comfortable with. That's what I did because the current therapist is my third one, and he's excellent, as I said. He's great because he makes me feel happy to be alive.

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'm grateful for Google. Crazy I know, but it's opened my eyes to things that I weren't even aware existed.

It gave me the biggest "light bulb" moment and now I can understand the madness of the last month or so.
So thank you Google for making me realise that I'm not as f'd up as I thought I was. There's a much bigger picture and I'm just a small part of it.

Grateful nobody (including me) was hurt in the car accident I had last year. I was telling someone about it last night. It was a bad accident - the car rolled on the freeway doing 100km/hr - and I walked away with barely a scratch. We forget these things so easily and just find new stuff to worry about o_O

I’m also grateful for music. Some people are quite indifferent when it comes to music but it has a real impact on me.

Rain. I love rain.

That’s three things but gratitude is good :)

It is one the most remote and least visited national parks in the US, located in the extreme SW corner of Texas, on the border with Mexico. It is in the Chihuahua desert, hundreds of miles from anywhere. I have been backpacking there twice, and it was a spiritual experience, even for an atheist such as myself. I have always had a fantasy of selling all my crap, picking up stakes and moving there, or at least the immediate vicinity. One of the last truly wild places in the states.
I know what you're saying. I've been there. Lajitas area. It's beautiful and peaceful.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00