• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

One Thing to be Grateful for Each Day

LumberJack

Honk If You're a Silly Goose
SF Supporter
One thing I was grateful for today was realizing how though I've become a broken person it doesn't mean I'm a bad person.
I suspect that all people are broken, or at least cracked, in one way or another. Often in several ways. I think the difference with "most people" is that they don't want to look at it so they slap a band-aid over it and go about their day. Then they make drama in all sorts of ways because they are not healing those wounds. By contrast, you are honest, and IMHO that will lead you to become someone who can achieve the needs of your heart.
 
hunger.

I know that might seem un-ordinary to be thankful for. But the very few times I've begun to feel that particular pain-emptiness in my gut, I feel like it's an achievement. At bare minimum, it's secularly a hint that for at least a moment I've successfully gone against the grain of my usual propensity for gluttony.

Spiritually and in mind-soul-identity, I feel true and alive when I'm hungry that I don't when ordinarily full.
 
Just now had a talk w/ a coworker wherein I opened up þæt I've been problematic before.

Þe guy consoled and assured, encouraging fuster on þe future. Normally I get irritated hearing þæt, but þis time, I'm þankful to hear it.

Much because he's a friendly wer, including up to now. For good terms and friendly talk wiþ an easygoing and gedulgy coworker, I feel þankful today.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00
Top