Only on SF..

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

disgusted

Why are trolls' tongue-in-cheek "discussions" being permitted on a website that's intended to cater to emotionally fragile people in distressful situations? (especially considering that a great many users here are minors who are susceptible to such tactics)

I find it disgusting that these people are allowed to continue baiting victims into fallacious arguments. Time and time again, fabrications are used to draw attention while users who are trying to remain honest and humble are ignored.

Fuck SF, and fuck the idiots who continue to contaminate the forums by ignoring logic and perpetrating their bullshit at the expense of others.

Babysitting these types of people is obviously not working. This passive attitude in regards to removal of problematic users on a public site is destroying the potential of SF as a mature community.

This is why private, invite-only websites with qualified administration are superior to garbage like SF.

It's been said a million times before and I'll say it again. If you have a problem then post it in ltm, maybe they'll get to it maybe they won't. If you hate the site so much then stop coming but posting anonymously is just getting so like last week.

It's not people like him really. It's people who like to lie, cheat and rob what good was from the site. Him merely pointing out that this anonymous posting I HATE SF shit is really getting pathetic and old. The destruction of this site happened long before he replied..try it's been going downhill for nearly two years now. I'm amazed it's still standing as strong as it is.

Simply posting fuck sf proves that it's going downhill. You my dear have proven it right there.

Why are trolls' tongue-in-cheek "discussions" being permitted on a website that's intended to cater to emotionally fragile people in distressful situations? (especially considering that a great many users here are minors who are susceptible to such tactics)

I find it disgusting that these people are allowed to continue baiting victims into fallacious arguments. Time and time again, fabrications are used to draw attention while users who are trying to remain honest and humble are ignored.

Fuck SF, and fuck the idiots who continue to contaminate the forums by ignoring logic and perpetrating their bullshit at the expense of others.

Babysitting these types of people is obviously not working. This passive attitude in regards to removal of problematic users on a public site is destroying the potential of SF as a mature community.

This is why private, invite-only websites with qualified administration are superior to garbage like SF.
As Kells said - if you've an issue, post it in LtM. These posts do nothing, except give you (whoever you are) a place to vent.

D

disgusted

If communicating my human emotion is a crime, then I guess I'm guilty, but at least I'm being honest in how I feel.

I've given my opinion that an invite-only or other form of private forum might be more suitable given the nature of the topics present on this board.

I'll leave it at that.

I suppose you think everything is a game for your personal amusement. It's people like you who've destroyed the credibility of this site.
yup, i personally am destroying this site. its not the brash blanket generalizations, or the incessant whining, or the innability to stand behind ones word. its me, and my constituency of low life attention craving vagabond vampires whos only purpose is to suck the life out of the real sf members such as yourself, and move on to the next forum once this one has dried up.

id say it must be lonely up on that pedestal, but that should be obvious considering youve not the courage to stand behind your words. while i appreciate your dedication to calling someone such as myself common forum cancer, i must refute your claim, and insist you gain the courage to do so in the same capacity as ive decided to defend myself. thank you

worlds edge

If communicating my human emotion is a crime,
It isn't, of course.

then I guess I'm guilty, but at least I'm being honest in how I feel.
How does posting such sweeping generalizations help anyone? Including you?

I've given my opinion that an invite-only or other form of private forum might be more suitable given the nature of the topics present on this board.
How would that work? I'll go out on a limb and say a great many of the members come here and keep coming here precisely because we feel so isolated. (That's certainly the case for me, the "out on a limb" bit is that I'm guessing I'm not the only one who feels this way.) An invite-only type forum would exclude me just about by definition, certainly, so my opposition is at least in part based upon self-interest...but I also just don't see what the benefit would be to anyone.

I'll leave it at that.[/QUOTE]

~Claire

I agree Worlds Edge, what would make someone worthy of an invite? That would just further isolate people who already feel like they don't belong.

I told myself I wouldn't reply here, but it's so annoying when threads like this are posted over & over again.

We all have our reasons for being here & it saddens me to think that genuine posts by people in need of help will be overlooked because of threads like this. For that reason alone I didn't want to respond here as there are plenty of other posts that I could be replying to.

Can these threads not be locked?

crookxshanks

surely an invite only forum would already seem like some huge clique to people that just join. as if isolation isnt bad enough on its own wouldnt rejection and isolation be a bad enough combination when your in a crisis situation.

just like claire_83 i also said that i wouldnt reply to one of these annoying threads that seem to add to the reputation of this forum going downhill. its threads like this that are giving this place a bad name. especially when they are posted anonymously by unregistered people. i only replied to this one because they are getting too much and there are too many of them now and i just wanted to make this point

itmahanh

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
Oh please!!!!! Then go to one of your invite only sites. But who is going to invite you in with an attitude like yours and the language you use...tsk...tsk.

When is SF going to stop letting "guests" post. It is so obvious that too many really arent guest but rather members that cant stand behind what they believe or post publically. Guests are just that and really shouldnt have posting privliges until they become a member. Something to consider? Could "exterminate" most of our nasty troll problems. Or if they need to then let them post in letter to management because too few seem to be seeking help but rather just butt in with unnecessary griping and complaining about a forum they obviously know nothing about. Let them become members and interact with other members so that they can base their opinions on real experiences rather than just a quick read over.

I'm really tired of the negative crap about this site. It holds so many people that are here because they need to be and they in return try and help others even though they are suffering deeply themselves. The rest of the garbage isnt even worth the tissue I'd grab to sniffle about it. Guests should remain guests with no posting privliges until they sign up, members that cant voice an opinion without hiding just shouldnt. I mean come on, you're on the internet, how much more anonymous you can you be? And lastly to anybody that visists or uses this site and cant wrap your head around what the site is here for well, then this isnt the site you need. Find one that can better suit your needs. Why is it all so complicated???????

crookxshanks

completely agree with itmahanh

if people have a problem with this place write a letter to management, especially if they are a member hiding behind a guest post. its sickening thinking that you cant even face the people you are complaining about in person. that you have to hide behind a mask

seems that every day theres a new thread slagging off this site. most posted by 'guests'. is there anyone here, other than me, who actually wants to support the site rather than slag it off. to find a way to help it get back to its supportive state or is everyone determined to bring the place downhill.

excuse me for the rant

ame solitaire

If communicating my human emotion is a crime, then I guess I'm guilty, but at least I'm being honest in how I feel.

I'll leave it at that.
If this site had been as you suggest-I wouldnt be here.:sad:

How would it work?

Who gets to decide who the chosen few are?

whats the criteria for being invited/accepted?:unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00