Oops, I Manipulated Someone

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Matthew Barber, Mar 23, 2016.

Tags:
?

Should I just accept what just happened,or start investigating to find out WTF is going on?

1. Former

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Latter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Matthew Barber

Matthew Barber Well-Known Member

Recently, I was conversing with a friend of mine. She had been committing self-harm, and I had been trying to talk her out of it. Eventually, she realised what she was doing wasn't the way to go about things (not a serious case, this was simply a teenage drama, so it was quite easy to push her through).

I get the bus home, I'm feeling good, I go up into my room and started vibing to some Gorillaz, then I get a text.

"I hate you"
    "What?"
    "It just sunk in"
    "Still confused"
    "You're hideous Matthew"
    "I mean, yeah, but can you tell me what's up?"
    "Stop!"
    "Did your boyfriend (yes, she had a "boyfriend", as much as you can have one at my age, pathetic really) show you a picture of me killing a puppy or something? I can assure you, I only eat the ones from the butchers"
    "SHUT UP!"

So I did just that, i shut up.

As you can probably tell, I was pretty weirded out, she'd seemed fine no more than 5 minutes ago... What had got her panties in a twist. Low and behold, no less than 30 seconds after putting my phone down, I get a call.

I hear a gruff, male voice on the other side of the phone.

"Hello,is this Matthew Barbara? (yes, he said barbara)"
    "No, it's his cousin Steve"
    He paused for a bit, ok, so he wasn't that much of a worry intelectually.
    "Don't play your games with me kid. I know what's going on."
    "Sorry sir, but I have no idea what you're talking about."
    "I know what you've been doing, kid. You've been head****ing my daughter!"
    "Uh. sir-"
    "STOP HEAD****ING MY DAUGHTER!"
    I heard crying in the background.
    "Have a good day you manipulative little freak!"

It's now been a week, and I haven't seen this friend anywhere, they don't answer their phone, every contact I had with her has been blocked. And now I'm kind of like.

Whoops

Brian777 likes this.
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

What exactly did you do to her, just to be clear about this. You talked her out of harming herself? Doing that was the right thing, it is always the right thing. I'm happy you were able to do that for her!
    Is she mad at you for not 'allowing' her to harm herself or something? (sorry just trying to understand the situation here)

But I think you need to step away from this, if something really is going on; it could even get worse if you try to force it out of her... My prediction is that if this is a friendship that is worth it, she'll come around.

3. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Mathew....lol......I'm sorry young bro but that was a great story :)

4. Matthew Barber

I was like... bruh... are you ok?

5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Matthew, I would strongly stay away as you will cause more emotional hurt for yourself and her. I know you are hurting but when you upset someone, it's better to wait for the dust to settle. Whether, it's months and even years.

Your friend is very distraught and her father is furious. You turning up, will aggravate the situation. Over time, it might settle but you have doing wrong. I know you miss your a dear friend but perhaps it better left alone.

If you want to talk further, then email me and let's talk in private.

6. Matthew Barber

I figured... just need a second word on it I guess, thanks

7. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Matthew, her father is very angry at the moment and you turning up might cause more unnecessary tension. If go to the same high school, then rumours will be flying about happened. It could make life unbearable to deal with. You are a young man, with a mature mind.

I know deep down you, like me, really care for the hurt caused. You have to let the dust settle or you could be done charged with harrassment. You do not want a junevile record. Please be safe and keep posting.