• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Out of hiding place.

HappyKitty

•✮• SF's pet kitty, full of kittens & colours •✮•
Anyway, yea I’ve been emotionally abused by parents when I was young, they do support me financially and all... I just know there’s something more than that. I kinda wanna come out of the closet (lol) but yea... Thanks SF for at least telling me, its definitely okay to be negative, which according to my parents, I’m not allowed. Its really challenging to understand my own moods and it’s triggers without their emotional support when they just keep telling me “I’m wrong,” it’s really hard. I’m seriously still slapping myself seeing how well people here can express their negativity, I really didn’t know it’s really okay..... So much tooo learn, really. Agh, really thanks to SF friends for reaching out to me just to help me. ❤️ Omg, emotions are real..... So... There really are someone who cares.... Hmmm... Where was this info long ago?

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Expressing yourself, positively and negatively, are both helpful in understanding yourself. Being all of one or the other is only going to serve to disrupt the system of your existence though. No one is built that way. One would think that your parents would understand that. I'm glad that you are getting something out of being here at the forum.
Perhaps you might find a diary useful where you can vent your thoughts frequently and people can come along and comment as they like as well. Seems like if you've got many years of thoughts and emotions all bottled up in there you might find some journaling helpful.

HappyKitty

•✮• SF's pet kitty, full of kittens & colours •✮•
Expressing yourself, positively and negatively, are both helpful in understanding yourself. Being all of one or the other is only going to serve to disrupt the system of your existence though. No one is built that way. One would think that your parents would understand that. I'm glad that you are getting something out of being here at the forum.
Perhaps you might find a diary useful where you can vent your thoughts frequently and people can come along and comment as they like as well. Seems like if you've got many years of thoughts and emotions all bottled up in there you might find some journaling helpful.
Oh. But I’m wondering, how can my parents survive with one emotion or are they just hurting me to feel better?

Walker

Admin-a-monkey
ADMIN
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
how can my parents survive with one emotion or are they just hurting me to feel better?
Likely neither of those. They're not living on one emotion but are better at keeping things level because they are older and more practiced at it. And they aren't likely intentionally hurting you either because most parents aren't trying to do that to their kids. That being said, I dont have a reason that your parents are trying to keep you from expressing negativity aside of just the usual crap about sticking their head in the sand and thinking that if you don't LOOK upset / sad / angry / negative then you must not BE that way.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$90.00
Goal
$255.00