Outside opinions

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by normaljoe, Dec 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

I have been depressed for years, managing with ssri, steady meds for several months now. Before i was a wreck i hated myself well you get the point. Now, i come to the point im just miserable. I cant make friends i get annoyed incredibly easy, i yell at people, i apparently come off as arrogant even though i really dont want too. Ideas on what to do? I sit byself away from everyone in class because of this personality change, It happened when i moved back home a couple months ago, not permanent just for my first year of grad school....Yes i have bad associations with home in the past but my abuser (dad) is now dead so idk whats triggering me.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, abuse whether it is in the past or present needs to be dealt with emotionally. I see you are on medications, are you in therapy too? I think that would be a good idea. To not come off as arrogant just smile, be polite and engage in conversations the way they are too. You don't deserve to feel this way. I hope things have improved. Do you have any idea why you might be coming off as arrogant? Is there underlying anger issues? Feel free to share more with us (p.s. I am sorry for the late reply).

3. normaljoe

normaljoe Well-Known Member

Dont be sorry there are a lot of people on here i dont expect instant conversation lol and i had to cut my therapy short. :/ i was going to see a dr in washington but i moved for grad. School...Shame really i liked him and getting registered at a new VA is a pain, lab works, interviews and even orientation...just to be a patient. I cant take time off school or work for that matter. So im kinda SOL on that end. And DR therapy was working really well for me so maybe i can find a counselor here that is ...."cheap".

4. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

How are you getting annoyed at people? Is it because they've said or done something to you which has peed you off? Likewise, when do you yell or feel like you are being arrogant towards others? Something they've done or said? Or is it because of past experiences? Is it just coming from inside you or are other people causing you to be annoyed/angry?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.