Overeating Support Groups OTHER than Overeaters Anonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodsmoke

There has to be some. But Overeaters Anonymous is christianity-based, and that wont do for me at all. I need something. Group therapy. Mutual support that works. Not one to one with some therapist who's phoney and useless.

I'm in Southern England. Help?

youRprecious!

Antiquities Friend
How about accountability on SF - right here?

(Perhaps I should have got rid of my avatar before replying, lol!) Promise not to talk christianity........... but mutual support that works.

There's a way you can eat till you're burstingly full, and it will do you nothing but good.

Interested?

ps...... about your signature: As Leonard Cohen sings: "Ring the bells that still can ring, forget your perfect offering, there is a CRACK in everything, that's how the LIGHT gets in" :)

flowers

I know what you mean. I think the 12 steps are great. But I just do not seem longed to do them. I do need support though. It feels like food has been the only reliable comfort and satisfaction in my life. I do deny myself lots of good food. But still I overeat the foods I can have. eg tonight I ate a lot of frozen chocolate sauce. I found the most amazing cocoa powder. I cooked it in some water with organic stevia. Then I put it in bowls and froze it. Then theres the watermelon. I am addicted to copious amounts of it. I cannot keep foods in my home that I really love. I would eat it all in record time. Even so, I have gained weight. Eating is the only time I feel truly satisfied and comforted.

BornFree

Hi there
I struggle with over eating too. Ironically I am in Southern England too. So :hug: I know its hard. I turn to food & comfort eat when Im struggling which just snowballs as then I hate myself and feel disgusted & then eat something nice to feel better... & so it goes... I also dont know where the line is between over eating & self harm but if things are particularly bad like an addict I binge on sugary things like Chocolate till I pass out & as Im Diabetic this is probably risky behaviour.
Anyway just wanted to say I get your desperation. :hug:
Take care & feel free to pm me if you like.

flowers

Oh, Dear Ditsy, please be very careful. I do not want you going into a diabetic coma. Please be very careful sweetie ! :hug: :flowers: :hugtackles:

Lionheart

Why is it so hard to stop eating so much junk and wanting sugar when feeling depressed or even a little suicidal somedays? :-(.

Damn it! :-(

Lionheart

I worry about irreplasable damage to my teeth, body health and everything. But I find it too hard to stop really. I think if I didn't eat or drink high caffeine drinks I would be in more distress.

Anybody else worry about that but still find it hard to stop being a sugar junkie :-(.

Allie123

^^I'm less of a sugar junkie and more of a heavy food junkie, but yea, I can't stop. I'm so worried about my teeth and my throat, but I guess not worried enough because I can't get myself to stop. I'm bulimic, so I've figured out about how much I can binge/purge without my throat getting raw to the point where I'm throwing up blood. But even now, I'm sure I'm still doing damage. And my teeth are transparent and super sensitive to cold/hot things. I wish this would scare me more, because then maybe I'd stop.

Ditsy - that is so scary! I know I hate when people tell me to "be careful".. but I hope you can find ways to be gentle with yourself and treat yourself with the compassion you deserve.

AlienBeing

"Ring the bells that still can ring. Forget your perfect offering. There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in."

Leonard Cohen

That speaks to me Precious, as I've lost so much of my potential to mental illness.

mmmm yeah i get you.
i don't know of anything i'm sorry, but i'm not christian and i'm also a fellow overeater so can give support a plenty if you want a chat.

please message me :) xxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00