Pain Eating

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lily Vanilla

Hi

I had an ED from when I was 13 to about 17. It was very mild but still an ED nonetheless.

Well anyway, last summer the only thing that made the pain go away was eating.

Anyone else have this experience?

anne

Yeh I know what your talking about. I guess your probably catching up on the calories you missed out on before. Eating doesn't make the pain go away for me though, it makes it a hell of a lot worse, but I think my body takes over and sort of forces it upon me to eat.

Anyway yeh, I know what you mean!

L

letdown

yes. but sometimes i hurt myself by eating a bit like cutting in a psychological way- as in i know i will feel huge afterwards but i will eat because i'm worthless and i deserve the emotional pain that comes with eating.

too often i throw it back up though. i don't know. you're not alone. i have a friend with COED and food for her is a little bit like having a hug inside but at the same time sometimes she overeats to the point where it's painful so in alleviating the pain it also hurts.

Food can be like a drug. I quit smoking some while back and food was the substitute I'd reach for every time some crisis hit me. It's miserable when no one seems to understand, people offer you food and you just can't seem to say no.

B

**BeautyIsThin**

I sometimes get "hunger pains" which stop if I eat something * I don't know what pain you are referring to tho * If you are talking about emotional pain then no, eating never made that go away * For me, not eating makes any emotional pain go away * Well, most of it anyway *

CRUSHED

For me, I'm not really sure why I eat?
I guess to fill the void and emptiness inside me
and
eating makes me feel better for a short while
because,
I have no where else to put the pain

For me, I'm not really sure why I eat?
I guess to fill the void and emptiness inside me
and
eating makes me feel better for a short while
because,
I have no where else to put the pain
very well said.

I agree, I feel empty and like something is missing and depressed and as I eat I fill the voidfor a very short period of time.

:hug:

xxx

For me, overeating is like a release. I can only eat if I'm alone, I won't eat in public, it just makes me feel paranoid, like they're thinking I'm disgusting for eating. So when I do eat, I eat a lot.

At the moment it's a bit of a nightmare because my parents are on holiday so I'm alone in the house most of the day, so I'm eating so much more, which is bad cos I was just starting to get into a more normal way of eating and now I'm all out of control again :sad:

For me, overeating is like a release. I can only eat if I'm alone, I won't eat in public, it just makes me feel paranoid, like they're thinking I'm disgusting for eating. So when I do eat, I eat a lot.

At the moment it's a bit of a nightmare because my parents are on holiday so I'm alone in the house most of the day, so I'm eating so much more, which is bad cos I was just starting to get into a more normal way of eating and now I'm all out of control again :sad:
OMG I hear that!!!!!!!!! :agreed:

Sometimes, eating feels wonderful.

Using food as a substitute for the lack of emotions (or as a suppression of the overflow of emotions), can make me feel a lot better emotionally.

However, as minutes progress, pounds seem to.

And then I'm sick inside.

Again.

And I won't eat for days.

But it's as I eat, the very moment I eat, that's it fufilling. Emphasis on "filling".

As someone has said, it fills a void, of sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00