Panic attack symptoms

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Witty_Sarcasm, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Can you have a panic attack while lying in bed or something, or does it have to stem from emotional stress? Lately I've been having symptoms of panic attacks when I go to bed, but I'm not upset or overly emotional while it happens, so it's strange to me.

2. CosmikJack

CosmikJack Member

yes, it is sudden, meaning it can happen at anytime regardless of what you are doing or the mood you are in.

3. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Its very common to have panic attacks in bed, falling asleep, asleep or awake. I used to have them almost continually. I called them "rolling panic attacks." I still have them, sometimes, due to hormone fluctuations (hot flashes), when I'm waking up in the morning. It can have to do with your hormone levels (guys, too!), with unconscious thoughts and stresses, vivid dreams, and some people even have them due to the relaxation, if they're not used to feeling relaxed!

4. Witty_Sarcasm

I was starting to worry that it might actually be a heart problem, and I'm scared to get it checked out, but I will when I can. I want to make sure it's not something physical, and even if it is just panic attacks, that I can find a way to stop or lessen them.

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

If you are worried that it is a medical condition, please see your doctor...in a short visit s/he will know if this is the case

6. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Yeah, anxiety and panic attack symptoms will mimic heart problems. Best to get all that testing out of the way, then you can deal more easily with the anxiety issues, without worrying about that, at least! That's what I did. :)

EDIT: Not to mention high blood pressure issues, which can come from having anxiety!

7. Wispiwill

Wispiwill Well-Known Member

As others have said, if in doubt - get it checked out but I can say that I've had panic attacks when being completely unemotional (I have times when I literally feel no emotions). It's a very interesting experience to have your heart racing and hands shaking - to feel the physical symptoms - and have no emotional element at all. I hope that helps.

8. Witty_Sarcasm

It doesn't matter anymore...I'll never have less stress, so I'd rather just die and not have to deal with this anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.