panic attacks or death

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive been getting awful panic attacks and with all the meds, I've been up and down to left and right. I feel out of it all the time and extremely depressed and am suicidal what the fuck do i do????:huh:

Scum

Panic attacks are so horrible and totally debilitating.

Assumably the meds that you are on are due to the attacks and are anti-anxiety? There are a variety of meds out there that can help, so maybe go back to your doctor (or see a different doctor) who can provide you, hopefully, with something that could help.

There are also lots of things you can do to help yourself. You don't mention when you have them. Is there a specific trigger? What is it that makes you panic?

There are certain breathing techniques you can do. Breathe in for 4, hold for 2 and out for 5, counting relatively slowly. This technique has helped me lots of times, and if you start it early enough, it can ward of an attack altogether.

Also, if it is certain situations, or going out or something, then you might want to try taking a 'safe' object with you, like a little teddy or a keyring or something, and if you feel panicky, then hold it and use it to help you feel safe and less panicky.

Have you had any therapy to help with your anxiety? ie counselling or CBT or anything? If you live in the UK, places like MIND run anti aniety courses, have you ever considered one of those?

There are lots of things available that can help you, it's just knowing where they are and where to look.

Please don't give up. You won't always feel this anxious.

Hang in there and take care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00