Panic attacks... Triggering?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Brokenness, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brokenness

Brokenness Well-Known Member

I really could use any advice anyone has about how to get through panic attacks. It triggers my feelings of wanting to self harm whenever I have panic attack. I don't know what to do with myself when I get like this. I get fidgety, restless, Nausea, sweat, heart races and feeling of anxiety is through roof, chest tightens, all my muscles tense, headache... My meds today were increased, could this be side effect? But idk, I had panic attack yesterday too. I try to distract myself and keep busy, listen to music, but I can't always control the horrible feelings. It makes me want to break things and hurt myself, scream, idk what else... There're has to be something I can do to get through this positively. I have OCD too so I now obsess about the panic attacks... Gah.... And thus the tension heightens and perpetuates... Please help!

2. Brokenness

Brokenness Well-Known Member

Thank you to the chat on this site, I got through panic attack without self harm... Really appciate this! Hugs.

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I am sorry this happens to you. I wish I knew of some good advice. I didnt want to leave without saying something. I had panic attacks. but they were not like yours. I found out I was deficient in Vitamin B12. there are B12 shots if this would help a bit. But my situation was not anywhere near as painful and severe as yours. wishing you best

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.