personal stories of "The Secret" book website maybe help

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by bubblin girl, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

2. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

Thank-you for that. The Secret is a good thing. ^__^

3. bubblin girl

welcome darling...yeah i love The Secret :)

4. DrivEthermissIon

:hugtackles:

5. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I'm skeptical. I've wished and wished for things before The Secret came about and never got them. Stuff rarely lands at your feet, you have to go out and put the effort into getting it/them. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the message of the book, but I don't think I am. Even so, I haven't read The Secret and don't plan to, but if it works for you and doesn't make you delusional about how the world works, then go for gold.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2009
  6. bubblin girl

tou are right...im a scientist & belive only on fact,I didnt agree on many thing/points....I just love the part of being positive,not giving up...its make me feel wante to move on in life & get out of depression...anyway, I post it cos it maybe affect people who are spiritual..

7. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

I'm all for positive and motivational messages, but not for the idea that you can get what you want just be wishing for it and visualizing it, which is damaging to a persons outlook. If that were true, this book would have been written hundreds or even thousands of years ago. The stories are interesting, but most of them (if not all) are just coincidences.

8. DrivEthermissIon

I was just trying to cheer bubblin girl up XD .

Anyway, the first post I saw was about a guy who held onto quartz and wished for things to happen and they did, which is a bit strange.

But isn't the whole system more than that? There's a whole book on it.

I guess I could explain it as you are the master of your own reality, what you conceptualize in goals and force yourself to do is the result you will force to come about on the path defined by your changed actions. If I'm being philosophical ^__^ .

9. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

Looks like I ruined it for everybody. I'm sorry.

10. DrivEthermissIon

Relax mate - it's all light-hearted ^__^ :lol!:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.