Personality Disorder Quiz results scare me

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by w0lf, Feb 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. w0lf

w0lf Member

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2015
  2. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

hi wolf

noone else replied idk why
    maybe bc there s another threadyeah they look a bit scary for most.
    what it s meant to do i think-- is let us know general direction for problems

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, w0lf. Any self-diagnosis can be scary. The online tests are not thorough and we are not doctors. Only a qualified medical health practitioner who is licensed to diagnose can evaluate and determine if we have a specific health problem, including mental health issues.

Maybe an online test shows there is an area or issue we might want to discuss with our doctor(s), but the tests are not a "full assessment" - they cannot be because the questions don't allow for discussion. With a doctor, we would have a full "discussion" as we answered questions. A doctor also looks at the full physical and mental health picture, not just a few isolated (and often "leading") questions like those found in the online tests.

I hope you and others do not take these tests and their results too seriously. If something "rings true" in the results, maybe it is something to talk about with our doctor, as he or she is qualified to make the right calls for diagnosis, treatment, and follow up. But I wouldn't put my own trust in an online test. Who knows who developed it and how they "score" it. The tests can be very misleading in my opinion.

In other words, talk to your professional instead of taking the results of an online test as the bottom line. :hug:

4. w0lf

w0lf Member

I've always figured I was bipolar, as week as the clinical depression. My aunt was diagnosed with bipolar and my mother has been diagnosed with clinical depression multiple times. But the schizo I don't know of anyone in my family like that. My family is full of mental health disorders, I assume some of these diseases are passed down?

5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

w0lf, your doctor would probably find it helpful to know of any relevant family history. S/he could answer your question about things being passed down in families...something that we cannot do here as we are not doctors. Best source for medical and diagnostic info is a doctor. I'm sure that a diagnostic and treatment plan can be set up through your physician(s). :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.