• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Physical pain severity scale

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Cranky from pain the last day plus. Irritating. Annoying. I've over medicated and it's not doing anything. Grrrrrr
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Cranky from pain the last day plus. Irritating. Annoying. I've over medicated and it's not doing anything. Grrrrrr
i'm sorry that the pain is so bad right now. but be safe if you overmedicate to get some reief, it can be dangerous. but I know it's neccessay sometimes just to get to a level that you can live with. I hope you feel better soon, I feel for your pain...mike...*console*hug
 

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Not that over medicated ha ha I shouldn't have phrased that like that lol Someone is going to report that @1964dodge But I don't take many of my meds and I've taken them all today. Everything.
 

Raven

Would-Rather-Not-Known Member
SF Supporter
I don't know...just can't concentrate because I can't ignore the pain and it makes me feel bad.
i'm sorry to hear that you're in pain @Raven . pain can distract you to the point that concentration is difficult. I hope your pain goes away soon...mike...*console*hug
Thank you Mike. I guess it will last for several days and I feel upset about it. I really admire you that you are such a positive good person although suffer from long-term physical pain*hug...unlike me, feel bad because of some tiny pain but just can't be ignored.:(
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
8. And the doctor's office is closed.
i'm sorry to hear that @Leesa . do you have any pain meds that can at least lower that # at least a little. I understand how bad 8 is and how it can mess with your whole body and mind. try to hold on the pain will get better. if you need to talk my inbox is always open...mike...*console*hug
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
pain is starting to come down about a 6 now, I should hit 5 shortly I hope lol. i'm going to talk to my doctor next month about raising my gabapentin for my neuropathic diabetic pain which isn't as bad but really annoying. I am lucky to have a doctor that cares...mike
 
I went to the doctor this morning cuz I injured my back and hip in physical therapy on Monday and it has not improved the last 3 days...adding to other physical medical issues was not what I had on my agenda, silly me........ I am actually at a low level finally at this time so I'm walking and sitting ok right now. Yay! after taking a light muscle relaxer the doc prescribed today(I hate taking pills) and just now getting home from Chiro, electric stim and a therapeutic massage......I see a good night's sleep in my near future!!
I'm so glad you have a doctor who cares Mike, that is a rare find these days
 

Raven

Would-Rather-Not-Known Member
SF Supporter
Now I'm very easily lose my temper so never say anything to me irl when I'm in pain!:mad:
But it seems go down when I wake up today, really hate catching a cold and virus is eating me*nono...
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I went to the doctor this morning cuz I injured my back and hip in physical therapy on Monday and it has not improved the last 3 days...adding to other physical medical issues was not what I had on my agenda, silly me........ I am actually at a low level finally at this time so I'm walking and sitting ok right now. Yay! after taking a light muscle relaxer the doc prescribed today(I hate taking pills) and just now getting home from Chiro, electric stim and a therapeutic massage......I see a good night's sleep in my near future!!
I'm so glad you have a doctor who cares Mike, that is a rare find these days
I hope you heal up well and I hope that you do sleep well tonight...mike...*console*hug
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Now I'm very easily lose my temper so never say anything to me irl when I'm in pain!:mad:
But it seems go down when I wake up today, really hate catching a cold and virus is eating me*nono...
we all get a little irritated when we are in pain. I hope you feel better soon...mike...*console*hug
 

Leesa

Well-Known Member
i'm sorry to hear that @Leesa . do you have any pain meds that can at least lower that # at least a little. I understand how bad 8 is and how it can mess with your whole body and mind. try to hold on the pain will get better. if you need to talk my inbox is always open...mike...*console*hug[/QUOTE
Just otc. I get injections and they aren't working anymore.
 

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Oddly having a few low pain days, which is weird because of the snow. I should be hurting more, not less.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top