Physical pain severity scale

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Glad to hear you are doing okay but sorry you are in pain, Mike. I hope your pain levels drop. *hug

Always here if you need a chat :)
now with lowered meds because of cdc 5 is actually good for me. i see a 4 briefly sometimes. so anytime i'm at a 5 i'm very happy. an i've been doing a lot more so that raises pain but it's worth it lol. i am lucky because i do get some pain relief because i have a great doctor. i just feel so sorry for the pain patients that can't get pain meds at all because doctors are afraid to prescribe now. so except for the nightly spike i'm doing great....mike...*hug

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
now with lowered meds because of cdc 5 is actually good for me. i see a 4 briefly sometimes. so anytime i'm at a 5 i'm very happy. an i've been doing a lot more so that raises pain but it's worth it lol. i am lucky because i do get some pain relief because i have a great doctor. i just feel so sorry for the pain patients that can't get pain meds at all because doctors are afraid to prescribe now. so except for the nightly spike i'm doing great....mike...*hug
Yay, so glad to hear that, I know the doctors are very wary of prescribing pain meds as they often lead to addiction, its the same deal with anti anxiety meds but like you, i'm lucky to have mine :) Keep feeling great Mike. You rock *hug Always here for you.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Definitely went into the OMG stage yesterday. It's my own fault. I have to be able to do things though. I finally medicated myself to sleep, but woke up in just as much pain. Now I'd say 6 or so.

PrincessPure

This thread is interesting. I am grateful to be a healthy girl but I have CRAZY pain on the first days of my period. Last time which I didn't take painkillers on time, I went to a 9, which I don't even know if it's normal for just a period (supposed to be natural for the body I mean). I was rolling on the carpet crying and helplessly waiting for my friend to buy me a painkiller. There was this time I rushed to the hospital as well (last year).

I am usually fine if I take the painkiller before my pain starts to intensify, like I did yesterday and I managed to go to work with little pain. But my mom keeps nagging about how I take painkillers often. She doesn't understand and keeps complaining and tells me not to take them. God it's annoying as hell. Can't stand this behaviour.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
This thread is interesting. I am grateful to be a healthy girl but I have CRAZY pain on the first days of my period. Last time which I didn't take painkillers on time, I went to a 9, which I don't even know if it's normal for just a period (supposed to be natural for the body I mean). I was rolling on the carpet crying and helplessly waiting for my friend to buy me a painkiller. There was this time I rushed to the hospital as well (last year).

I am usually fine if I take the painkiller before my pain starts to intensify, like I did yesterday and I managed to go to work with little pain. But my mom keeps nagging about how I take painkillers often. She doesn't understand and keeps complaining and tells me not to take them. God it's annoying as hell. Can't stand this behaviour.
No, it's not "normal" to be a 9 each time you have your period, but it's more common than you think... but people shut up about it, urgh. I definitely suggest speaking to a specialized doctor because it may be an underlying condition and something may be possible to be done about it (doesn't have to be anything scary, no worries, but imagine if it's gone!). It's true painkillers are not ideal for you (I avoid them as much as possible), but I certainly understand you taking them, it's ok, and your mom shouldn't make you feel that way because she doesn't seem to understand how much pain you're in. Not everyone has the same experience at all and assuming we all do is ignorant.

Last edited:

PrincessPure

No, it's not "normal" to be a 9 each time you have your period, but it's more common than you think... but people shut up about it, urgh. I definitely suggest speaking to a specialized doctor because it may be an underlying condition and something may be possible to be done about it (doesn't have to be anything scary, no worries, but imagine if it's gone!). It's true painkillers are not ideal for you (I avoid them as much as possible), but I certainly understand you taking them, it's ok, and your mom shouldn't make you feel that way because she doesn't seem to understand how much pain you're in. Not everyone has the same experience at all and assuming we all do is ignorant.
Thanks for letting me know, yea usually people do not discuss periods together so you don't really know what people go through, unless you are super close to them. But yea, thanks! <3

MisterBGone

ReaLemon
SF Supporter
I wouldn't deny that tbh, it is unbearable. It depends on the person I guess. For me being reminded of how it's not gonna last forever, doesn't let me go that far and helps me resist.
Yeah... & from what I understand (or have been told), it can worsen symptoms related to mental health too. So, for instance, it can take what you’ve already got —& exacerbate it - ten times? A million times?? Who - knows - how many??? ...( but I think 💭 we get 🤔 the drift!)—

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
6 today with back and knee at work. What a bitch it is being. Why knee now acting up after months of behaving itself? Back has been bad for months though getting physical therapy and it is not going anywhere

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00