physically unable to eat

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Expectation, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Expectation

Expectation Active Member

For over a month now, I physically cannot eat. Even if I'm hungry to the point of hunger pains. I've always always ALWAYS had weight issues due to medication.

Once in a while I'll get these "windows" I guess? where I'm able to eat, and so I eat, but thats maybe once a day? IF that, sometimes I'm unable to eat for days, or even a week. When I try to eat when I'm not in that "window" of time, I get sick to my stomach just THINKING or even looking at food. If I do some how manage to force myself to eat, I'll get sick and there goes my dinner. :apologetic:

I've never been diagnosed with any eating disorder, so I'm not sure if I should be worried about this, or maybe its a phase? Its gotten to the point where I drop 4 pounds in a single day. I almost miss my hungerpains sometimes too, and that scares me more than the weight loss. Should I be worried? Is my body just.. realizing its too fat? :/

2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

3. Try eating smaller portion of the food. You can get a referral to consult a medical doctor for a body checkup. Some people cannot tolerate normal portion of food. Try eating smaller portions and see how it goes. :hug:

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

right now it might not be a mental thing, but a physical thing that your body is going through some type of issues, did you have a doctor rule anything out so far?

. Right now I cannot eat anything solid for the last 2 days due to food posioning issue (I think!) anything I eat, just recently tried chicken broth from chicken noodle soup and just had stabbing pain in my stomach/cramps. No fun. tried banana before that stabbing pain still before I tried chicken broth.

I can drink water without any pain.

5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi. I hope you will go to your doctor to rule out any physical cause. And then discuss with the doctor what you and he/she thinks is the next step. People can be quite overweight and do great damage to their body by not eating enough. I know that first hand.

The body needs fuel to run properly. If it does not get that fuel it starts taking it from muscle tissue and organs. The heart is a muscle. Not eating enough can effect the heart. It also can make hair fall out. Believe me, I say this from first hand expereince. So please be proactive in treating this now, before your body is adversly effected by it. okay?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.