Please don't let it be bipolar...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently found out I might be bipolar. I am in my teens, but my psychologist told me it could be caused by some kind of hyper rationality. I know hyper rationality doesn't really exist, but it's the only short way to explain it.
All of this would be so bad, but I'm already a mess of problems (ADHD, conversion disorder, panic attacks, social anxiety disorder, asperger syndrome (?), insomnia), so this would kind of be the straw that breaks the camel's back.
I don't know how to handle all of these (meds for each one isn't an option), and my future is looking grim. On the plus side, my lack of a social life helps boost my grades, but on the down side, I'm a teen with no social life.

If anyone has any advice it would be very appreciated.
Thank you

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Only one that can diagnose you hun is a psychiatrist so find a good one okay and make appt and get assessed so you can get proper treatment hugs

Only one that can diagnose you hun is a psychiatrist so find a good one okay and make appt and get assessed so you can get proper treatment hugs
Thanks,
I meant to write psychiatrist but I didn't know how to spell it. I admit it's a bad excuse, but I wrote it at 3 o'clock in the morning.
Also, I'm not really sure what the difference is. I asked my psychiatrist, but he gave me a really vague description. He basically said one had a certain degree and the other didn't.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
A psycologist cannot prescribe medication only a psychiatrist can Psychiatrist usually just deals with meds and psychologist deals with therapy aspect of treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$170.00
Goal
$255.00