Please Help. I don't know what to do.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Anonymous29, Sep 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous29

Anonymous29 New Member

I've never been much of a writer, but i'm here hoping to get help with someone i've secretly battled my entire life.

I grew up in an upper middle class family in an upper middle class city. My childhood was virtually ideal and I had everything i could ever want. I graduated from college and had a good job, etc. The reason why i mention that is because since i was a child I have never been happy, and I dont know why. I've always been grateful for what i had and the people the love me and the people that I love, but i've never been happy. I am hoping that someone can please tell me why that is. Last month i quite my job in the financial industry because it was destroying my soul. I can't seem to land a solid job and I am running out of money and don't have insurance. I've been chain smoking and drinking close to a 12 pack a day thinking that it will make me feel better, but obviously it doesn't. I don't feel like I can really tell anyone about it because I'm scared to admit that i've failed, when i've had such a wonderful opportunity at life. I've always been the type of person to put up a front and act like everything is fine, but it isn't. I've always struggled to understand why I am so unhappy when I have a wonderful family that I love and that loves me. I've never had a problem getting a date, but i can't seem to keep a relationship. I think it's because I'm so insecure, and in the process i've hurt so many women. I feel like the loneliest person on earth.

I'm here as a last resort.

Thank you and I love you

2. random33

random33 Well-Known Member

I do think you suffer from chronic depression and it is a serious disease/condition, so you do need to see a doctor and be treated, unlike normal sadness or stress that we all experience from time to time when we have problems in our lifes, depression is a disease that does not discriminate, it does not care if you are successful, rich or poor, beatiful or ugly, it's a disease plain and simple, offcourse that there are triggers, unemployment, the dead of loved ones and many other things can lead to depression, but unfortunately depression often is present in people that appear to have no reason to be sad, this can make depression even worse, it did in my case, I felt guilty, because there were so many people in the world with real problems, so many misery, war, hunger, that I should not have the right to feel depressed, actcepting that It was not my fault, that it was not something I could snap out of, was the first step for me. You need to accept this yourself and then get medical help, do it as fast as you can, before you fall into alchool adiction, you can pull through, but you need to seek help.

I'm very glad you found this forum, feel free to post whatever you are feeling here, the forum is full of good people that have been facing the some fights you are fighting and can and want to help you, remember that you are not alone, we are all here for you.
  3. stapleremover

stapleremover Chat Buddy

Welcome to the forum, glad you're here but sorry you're going through this. It does sound like you have depression - but like random33 said, it can be treated by a doctor because it is a medical disorder...not something that necessarily has anything to do with your outside circumstances.

This is also a very good place to find other people going through the same thing. I've also had clinical depression for most of my adult life, and it wasn't until I actually sought out treatment and started medication that I realized it was not normal - or necessary - to feel sad all of the time.

Good luck to you. Stick around and let us know how you're doing.
  4. Anonymous29

Anonymous29 New Member

Thanks. I need to seriously cut off the drinking. Each morning i wake up hungover and don't want to get out of bed, even though I need to be looking for employment. I've applied for 80 jobs and still haven't landed one. I still have a few things in the works, so I am hopeful something will come from it. Once I get a job and insurance, I will go get the help that I need.

5. Doomandgloom

Doomandgloom New Member

I have similar issues. Most states offer some kind of assistance without insurance if your in the US. I apply for charity care. I wouldnt wait to get the help. I too like the booze. Im actually hungover right now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.