Please help

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Ginger Cuesta, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger Cuesta

Ginger Cuesta Active Member

Is there any way I can heal depression on my own, without medications? natural ones or some kind of routine that I should do. . . Thanks :anyone:
  2. truthhurts

truthhurts Well-Known Member

there's lots of basically 'self-soothing' methods that shud work for this aswell. basically doing anything you like/that makes you feel better. these things can be like anything, ranging from listening to music and taking long hot baths to painting or going for a walk. there are lists here up for that aswell, though i'm not sure where, haven't checked in a while. i'm sure doing things you like would only do you good in the long run, worth a try.

good luck^^
  3. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Iris Barrow - 15 Steps to Overcome Anxiety and Depression

William Backus/Marie Chapian - Telling Yourself the Truth

Yes Ginger, it certainly is possible, good luck with it honey :)
  4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

This is difficult to answer without knowing what are the causes of your depression. Sometimes it is chemical, which means that medications are necessary. Other times it is not, but if left unattended... it becomes chemical related. I am not pro medication, so anything you can do to resolve feeling down is better than medications in the long run, but sometimes that is not enough. A good therapist is probably the best starting point professionally, but on your own you can implement a plan of regular exercise, eating right and regular, getting on a daily schedule, making plans and setting goals while measuring your progress, and make sure not to sleep too much and do not isolate. Find things in your life that cause you stress or grief, and try to eliminate them. Surround yourself with people who are positive. Do not do illegal drugs. Do not drink alcohol in any sort of excess. Keep occupied with productive activities; music, hobbies, sports, family, etc.
  5. you should get a pet! :3
  6. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

Healthy diet and regular exercise.

Maintain social activities, prevent social isolation. Maintain meaningful relationships. Pets can be good for this if no human companion is available.

Any activity that makes you feel good about yourself.

self-help books and some reflections on how you came to where you are.

Everyone is different, some times medication and/or therapy can work while others can find other ways to help themselves.

Try out a few things and see what works for you.

good luck
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.