Please help

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by luso, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luso

luso Active Member

She has bullimia since january... she used to have anorexia since augost from the year before..
    Since january she´s getting worse and worse.
    She tries to feed herself, but then she has a compultion and throught all she can down the toilet.
    Yesterday, she went to the limit. She couldn´t take it anymore, and she told me she was going to kill herself. She was going to eat 40 pills, strong calming pills...
    I was able to stop her at hers 26 pill and made her vomit them... All this by phone. I was going to call her mother and this was what made her vomit..
    I don´t know if she regrets what happen yesterday, but I think she doesn´t.

I´m the only one who knows about her situation.She´s seventeen.
    I just don´t know what to do anymore.
    PLEASE HELP ME
    TELL ME WHAT TO DO

2. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

I have been in the same situation like her, someone convinced me to tell my parents about it. That person kinda saved my life. My parents helped me, i went to therapy. And Im doing a lot better now. You need to help her even force her to do that, she cant do it all alone, she needs help, lots of it. Im not saying it is easy and it really wont be. But the longer you wait the harder it gets. Really Im wishing you lots of luck, because it will be hard, but it is worth it. Take care

3. luso

luso Active Member

She´s afraid to tell her parents, because they are dificult parents...
    I don´t know what to do, she doesn´t want to tell them, and find help for her being her 17 is dificult...
    I´m afraid she will comit suicide, because she can´t take it anymore...
    I want to tell them, but then she won´t talk to me anymore.
    i just don´t know what to do, but I´m afraid

4. Vitreledonellidae

what about school, on most schools there are people you can talk to and who will help you

5. luso

luso Active Member

We are on holidays... and we have just finished highschool... So We won´t be abble to look for that kind of school help so soon...

6. Vitreledonellidae

i guess you shoulds tell the parents, if they are difficult thats only good, if she doesnt want to talk to you anymore, thats a really stupid dicission of her, if I were you I would talk a little more about it, push her to tell her parents, otherwise just treat her, I dont know what else to do either, im sorry

7. luso

luso Active Member

Sometimes I just wish someone could kill me

8. Vitreledonellidae

Aww hun dont blame yourself for it, its not your fault, youre doing all you can and i know how hard that is, i wish i had a friend like you, youre and amazing girl, dont be so hard for yourself

9. luso

luso Active Member

I don´t know if it´s my fault or not...
    You see, I met her in september for the first time, we became friends, and soon best friends... In december(christmas holidays) we talked all the time, really, we were texting each other all the time... In january, when we were back to school, in one week be became a couple. She was my girlfriend for 6months and then she broke up with me... (one month ago) ... We´re still friends... I mean..my feelings for her didn´t changed, and I think she broke up with me because our relatioship was bad... probably because I wasn´t only her boyfriend but also her father/mother/doctor... I did my best, but of course...I coudn´t be all of them, and she only wanted me to be her boyfriend... (My personality changed a lot because of her problem, so our relatioship also changed a lot...) know I´m back in my personality, I gess things got over my control, and my personality was the price I had to pay in that time...

The truth is that her bulimia began when we were already together! ok...she had anorexia...but in christmas holiday she recovered and was fine.... maybe the holiday recover made her get bulimia because she got a little (really..only a bit fatter) and she didn´t liked it so she began bulimia...

I dunno nothing... I just wish I was the one going by her problem, so she wasn´t suffering as she is:sad: or that she just got cured by a miracle of some kind:sad:

10. Vitreledonellidae

First of all, im sorry for calling you a girl >.< Second of all Im sorry the relation broke up. And next, believe me you cant recover from anorexia in just one holiday, especially with such a food holiday, gaining weight scares the shit out of her and you try everything again to lose weight, so thats really not your fault. Unfortunately just wishing for miracles doesnt help, she needs to take action, find help. I know its really hard to convince her, its a lot toask, but you need to try everything

11. luso

luso Active Member

No problem...
    yeah...you´re right...
    In the end of september we´ll be in the same college, and away from home... I´m hopping that there I´ll be able to make her go to the doctor and all that so she can begin to recover... Until then, I´m in panic, because if I tell her parents she won´t go to college (probably, believe me), and I dunno if she will be able to get better or at least don´t get worse until then...
    I believe she is strong, and she can fight it, and she has me 24/7 for whatever she needs...
    Can you tell me why is it so hard to control a compulsion? I wan´t to know more about that because that´s where is the biggest problem.... because she already tried to have a normal alimentation, but then latter she has a compulsion, and you know... vomiting and lose her strenght to fight again, afraid to get fat because of the compulsion if she didn´t through everything down the toilet...

12. luso

luso Active Member

Can anyone please tell me more about a compulsion?I need to understand more about it so I can help her...I´m not talking about the general information about it on the internet, but about what you, if you have or had this condition, feel etc

13. Vitreledonellidae

Im sorry for not responding, didnt saw it till now.
    This is just my experience.. My eating disorder was my best friend, she was always there for me and she helped me with what i wanted the most, losing weight, in my eyes she wanted the best for me. Like normal friends its hard to let that friend go and I think most will never let her go. I lost the obsession, but shes still in my head. She controls your life, you dont know how to control it yourself, I really didnt know how i should live without it, its just really scary, especially when youre gaining weight or think youre gaining weight. You will feel like a failure, yet you feel good, because youre getting better, its just a constant struglle/fight in your head. Thats just really hard and exhausting. I dont really know how to explain it, this is just kinda a summary, just a part in your head is it way and way heavier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.