• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Positive Thread: Im going to Save Myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

dying_inside

Well-Known Member
#1
Im getting rid of unnecessary burdens.

Im going to worry less.

Im going to do and seek what makes me feel good.

Im going to ask for help - HELP (not someone to save me!).

what else? i need more ideas...

Anyone is welcomed to share how they might or might want to save themselves... good luck and love to everyone!
 

iloverachel

No longer suicidal after 8 years of depression
#3
*hug
Great thread idea!

I would like to add some positive suggestions
-Focusing on the better times in life rather than the painful memories (easier said than done)
-Healthy distractions such as exercising, or trying to help others out
-Meditation to calm yourself when the mind gets noisy
-Practicing gratitude even for the tiniest things like good weather or good food
-Reaching out to friends
-Staying in touch with therapists, getting the right medication if that works for you
-Reading success stories of those who have overcome mental health issues and using that as inspiration

Good luck my friend I support you all the way
*hug
 

Lekatt

Love Cats Love All
SF Supporter
#12
I think we all save ourselves eventually. Life is a journey of self discovery. No one else can really know what is going on in our deepest thoughts.

Looking back, I remember a time in my life when I actually thought I knew it all. Everything was simple to me then. A quick yes or no covered all situations and circumstances.

But as life continued and I learned more this changed into something like "the more I learn the less I know." Life is so huge and bountiful, nothing is for sure to me anymore. I have learned to live a day at a time.

The greatest lesson I learned was a discovery of self. I began to notice the complaints I held of others existed in me also. I learned to forgive and love.
 

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
#15
@Paul1963 I'm sorry this happened but glad you posted. I'm worried you're saying you don't think you can survive this.
You have a kind and giving nature. You deserve to survive and thrive.

I hope we can support you

*console
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top