post your major complaint here

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
Just sharing feelings about hospitals these days - Been spending time a lot at hospitals lately. I’m used to attending once in 3/6
months, now it’s like 3-5 times in a month. I do too get depress every time I visit, questioning why me a lot & wondering if only my family would be like this for me everyday and not just when its symptoms gets stubborn. I do too feel burden and I could have earn my own house by now... Yes, I’m that kid that should be having fun a lot instead. I’m working on it, tracking fatigue levels now too.

It’s the only issue I ever whine about. I don’t like it.

Last edited:

Diesional

An old close friend of mine has had less and less drive over the almost 10 years I've known him, to the point where he does almost literally nothing all day. I want to understand, because I know he has issues I couldn't fathom, like bipolar; but I just can't understand why he's no longer been interested in even trying things for the past few years. He even once admitted to me that he's fine with just "decomposing" at his mom's house either sleeping or on the computer, and he's a little older than me. The only effort he even seems to put into anything anymore is made-up Choose Your Own Adventure games (or at least game ideas) that he shares in little pockets of the internet.

I met him at the very tail end of high school and he was always proactive about doing something, whether it was adventures, games, music (he invited me into his band and lead it), dating, etc. He was inspiring to me that way, actually -- ironically enough, the ways in which I'm proactive today are influenced greatly by knowing him back then. Now he's a NEET with no drive or ambition. He claims that his bipolar, Aspergers (which I have too), and learning disabilities keep him from being able to work a job, but he worked someplace for years (granted, it was a bagel shop, but that's still something). What the hell could teenage "MySpace emo" him do that the current him couldn't?

Again, I understand (especially first hand) why depression would make it harder to be able and willing to do things. I love him and I'm not interested in ending our friendship. I just can't relate to just...Refusing to do anything or even have interest in going anywhere or trying to get better. I wonder if he's even aware of how much he inspired me.

Today i woke up with lower back pain, these random stabbing pain in my limbs and a headache.

I have noticed for more than a week now my stomach would hurt a lot in the morning and in the evening like right now...
I assume it’s empty so i snack a few bites but the pain just hurts even more.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
how unaffordable meds are. I am to the point that I evaluate which meds i'll take because of cost. and insurance doesn't cover my special med I take at night so I pay for the whole thing. luckily my son pays half of that med so I can get some pain relief at night. and people without insurance can't afford most meds. it's all about the profits. mike

My mom was mad and told me a method of committing suicide.
Being mad you say a lot of tactless bullshit, but i don't have the patience for the insensitive shit anymore.

i corrected her that not only is her suggestion of method is stupid, it is one of the least effective method, her suggested method has a high rate of survival but will have lifelong effects to your health.

i then told her the most effective and quickest way to die (because she constantly forgets that I'm depressed and still having suicidal thoughts, i can be happy, angry, or sarcastic and still be depressed)...

and now she's speechless.

that will teach people that silence is better when you're angry, it will make you look less of a dumbass.

Last edited:
my parents are stubborn to learn new things and think they know everything because they’ve been living longer than us — that they don’t even update their informations anymore.

Their knowledge about depression is still stuck in the 70s-80s.
And it’s quite ironic that they’re in the med field yet pretty much what they know is what they learned in the 80s, they do routine at work and that’s it.

Heck they still think the top schools in my country from the 80s rank list are still the top schools in the 2019.
30 years is a long year, even in a year a lot can happen, improve (or not) and change, so what more with 30 freaking years.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
my parents are stubborn to learn new things and think they know everything because they’ve been living longer than us — that they don’t even update their informations anymore.

Their knowledge about depression is still stuck in the 70s-80s.
And it’s quite ironic that they’re in the med field yet pretty much what they know is what they learned in the 80s, they do routine at work and that’s it.

Heck they still think the top schools in my country from the 80s rank list are still the top schools in the 2019.
30 years is a long year, even in a year a lot can happen, improve (or not) and change, so what more with 30 freaking years.
People from that generation often struggle with new ideas and development, because of how individualism was promoted in their education and their lower capacity to adapt quickly, for example to new technologies, new ideas, etc.

This has got to be wrong': Disabled veteran's home sold at auction over $236 tax bill :{

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...36-tax-bill/ar-AAEhiAd?ocid=spartandhp#page=2
I read the story. Unbelievable!!! This guy will probably be okay as his plight has made headlines, but obviously many people before him have lost their homes in this way. Owners of regular homes have years to resolve any tax issues, but mobile home owners have a few weeks and then their home gets auctioned???

The real story is not just the bureaucratic coldness, but the heartless mercenary man who bought this home at auction for a tiny fraction of its worth ($4,400) and is now willing to evict the guy and destroy his life over a pathetic few thousand bucks, even though the owner was willing to give him back the price he paid! People like him make me wish there's a Hell.

But I was touched by the kindness of the County Treasurer who is willing to pay $15K from his own pocket. What people never understand is that all these bureaucratic institutions have human employees who often go out of their way to try and compensate for the impersonal nature of the rules they are forced to follow.

My heart goes out to this veteran and to everyone else in this situation. There are plenty of homeless people in my neighbourhood and it's easy to look at them and see a vagrant drug addict, but many of them are victims of this kind of situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are not doing great but it's not common to see women on the street here, and you never see kids.
Were I am, the police arrest them as fast as they can. We see them more often during the spring and winter. During the summer they go north because it is hot. In the fall, they go to Florida. I see them getting or try to get a ride on the highway.

You know best thing for the soul is to own it. It takes power out of any doubt. We are human right depression the curse of the strong is because we Constantly use our brains to over analyse over think every little detail. If we didn’t use our brains they wouldn’t be warn out and over worked which causes depression so we should all be proud here that we are such considerate . Kind and caring people that we always over analyse everything . People who don’t care and who let shit go daily almost if ignorant In our hours won’t get depressed cause they don’t use their brain

Is Depression a Sign of Weakness? Actually It's the Opposite - You're Too Strong
One of the many symptoms of PTSD is clinical depression. Deep depression. This type of depression I can only describe as being at the bottom of deep, dark, damp well. High above you can see the sunshine and even hear people cheerfully talking which represents the normal world you've suddenly dropped away from...

HappyKitty

Works during the day, doodles at night.
I wish I can solve the issue with my family but I’m too drained. Though I’m not drain enough that I too can work my butt off to earn my own apartment. The only thing that gets in this way is my dr’s. I’m told to rest next year but every time there’s argument with them, I’m denying that.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I thought I was so close to being able to actually swim, but I’m apparently back at square one. I let fear take over and I can’t get out of my head and it’s apparently just impossible for me. Really don’t even want to go back to the class tomorrow, it feels pointless and hopeless.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I thought I was so close to being able to actually swim, but I’m apparently back at square one. I let fear take over and I can’t get out of my head and it’s apparently just impossible for me. Really don’t even want to go back to the class tomorrow, it feels pointless and hopeless.
Hey, it takes practice, don't give up, you'll make it! :) It took me more than the classes to learn.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00