• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

post your major complaint here

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I can understand the doctor using gender neutral terms. With how this world is becoming I would not be surprised if he had said pregnant woman that some wag in the audience would have slammed him with you can't now define what a woman is. Just avoid the headache altogether because it is impossible to read minds and know who and what mix of people will have a fit over things.
 
I signed up on a dating app and have been chatting to a guy for about six weeks. He seemed wonderful and I must admit I had major butterflies every time I thought about him. But there were red flags that I always managed to explain away to myself. We have been calling eachother on Skype so I felt comfortable that he was who he said he was. Even though he lives fairly close (supposedly) we hadn't met irl due to his work commitments. Yesterday he told me that he'd been recruited by the UN to work on a data terrorism project in Yemen. Alarm bells were clanging so loud that I couldn't ignore them. Today he asked to borrow money....
I'm devastated, I really had the feels with him. But I guess I'm just naive and gullible :(
Not naive or gullible, hopeful maybe and so U should be. But unfortunately there are scammers everywhere these days. Hopefully the next one's the real deal. Gl
 

TragicReality

I wish I could turn back time
SF Supporter
I'm sorry @WhenwillI
I can't have one anymore either. My last landlord before this one hurt my cat and he died. It's very understandabe to me that you'd love to have a pet. They are great companions. I'll never have one again... it hurts too much when they suffer then die.

Maybe you could volunteer at an animal shelter to interact with them?

I have no major complaints today. I was caught praying out loud when my landlord came back unexpectedly. I just said ''if you heard me I was praying'' because it feels embarassing a bit. He said ''and the thing about praying is you have to be comfortable in the room you are praying in'' I said you're right and retreated to my room. I'll be careful from now on because I don't need my prayers over heard. It shouldn't be embarassing but it is.
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Landlord won't let me have a pet. It would make me so happy if I could. But no happiness allowed.
I wish you could have that pet, they do make a world of difference in how you can feel. I agree with @toomuchreality about the part of volunteering, it can be a great way to spend some time with wonderful dogs and cats and knowing that even if you can't have one of your own you may help one make it to their home and family.
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I'm sorry @WhenwillI
I can't have one anymore either. My last landlord before this one hurt my cat and he died. It's very understandabe to me that you'd love to have a pet. They are great companions. I'll never have one again... it hurts too much when they suffer then die.

Maybe you could volunteer at an animal shelter to interact with them?

I have no major complaints today. I was caught praying out loud when my landlord came back unexpectedly. I just said ''if you heard me I was praying'' because it feels embarassing a bit. He said ''and the thing about praying is you have to be comfortable in the room you are praying in'' I said you're right and retreated to my room. I'll be careful from now on because I don't need my prayers over heard. It shouldn't be embarassing but it is.
Sad to hear about your cat. No doubt I would have a much higher opinion of your kitty than of your landlord...
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Landlord won't let me have a pet. It would make me so happy if I could. But no happiness allowed.
is there any way you can have a caged pet? you can get plenty of loving and contact with petting from a guinie pig, rabbit, or ferret, and even though they aren't furry you can have meaningful contact with a turtle or bird. if you can't even have those pets you can volunteer at a rescue shelter, this way you and the animals can help each other

mike....*hug*shake
 

Angie

Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
On Thursday afternoon, I played bingo for a while then came back to my apartment. Sitting and knitting when my door is unlocked from the outside and maintenance tries to come in with me yelling "wait a minute".

I had asked for maintenance to come fix a sagging tile in my bathroom ceiling, but it was no emergency, yet he used his key.

He said that he saw me playing bingo so figured I was downstairs as if that made it ok. This is the 2nd time he has done this to me.

I reported him this time to the property manager; however, I received no response from her yesterday.

This makes me feel unsafe in my own home and triggers all sorts of bad memories from childhood.
 
On Thursday afternoon, I played bingo for a while then came back to my apartment. Sitting and knitting when my door is unlocked from the outside and maintenance tries to come in with me yelling "wait a minute".

I had asked for maintenance to come fix a sagging tile in my bathroom ceiling, but it was no emergency, yet he used his key.

He said that he saw me playing bingo so figured I was downstairs as if that made it ok. This is the 2nd time he has done this to me.

I reported him this time to the property manager; however, I received no response from her yesterday.

This makes me feel unsafe in my own home and triggers all sorts of bad memories from childhood.
That's difficult. One's personal space is supposed to be personal! I always hated having workers in our apartment and we've lived through two building envelope repairs. 12 years ago I would wake up and there would be some stranger pooping in our bathroom. We couldn't even lock our doors for a few weeks as there were so many carpenters and so on in and out -- and I was working night shifts so would be in bed asleep with this going on, with earplugs in. My husband was at work so I would be alone with the cats, but strangely the cats were a comfort.
 

Waves

Well-Known Member
I signed up on a dating app and have been chatting to a guy for about six weeks. He seemed wonderful and I must admit I had major butterflies every time I thought about him. But there were red flags that I always managed to explain away to myself. We have been calling eachother on Skype so I felt comfortable that he was who he said he was. Even though he lives fairly close (supposedly) we hadn't met irl due to his work commitments. Yesterday he told me that he'd been recruited by the UN to work on a data terrorism project in Yemen. Alarm bells were clanging so loud that I couldn't ignore them. Today he asked to borrow money....
I'm devastated, I really had the feels with him. But I guess I'm just naive and gullible :(
Hugs to you Sorry about your experience. Feels like anything that could be good gets soiled by predators and cons. Makes me wonder if we really are meant to be with people if they keep preying on others. I hope you are blessed with a good friend this coming year. I am thinking as I write this . . . Why can’t there just be simple goodness.
 

Survivorist

Black sheep of my family....
Sunspot, one simple google check would have been sufficient:
Please be very careful when asked for personal information or money by people who you do not know! Check the UN Fraud Alert for more information. Many fraud schemes falsely claim association with the United Nations in order to try to get money or personal information from well-meaning people who would like to help the organization. These schemes may come through social media, email, phone calls, postal mail or be posted on websites.
Common scams include:
  • Romance scams: an individual claims to be a UN peacekeeper or humanitarian aid worker and quickly develops a deeply personal online relationship, then asks for help getting vacation pay, hardship leave, care for a sick child, removal to home, or other personal or financial assistance.
  • Employment scams: if you have applied for a job with the UN, please note that the UN does not ask for money at any stage of the recruitment process. Be careful to use only official websites to apply for UN jobs and be cautious about providing personal information. False vacancy announcements may be created to extract personal information from job seekers.
  • Confidence scams: the UN will not spontaneously contact you to transfer large sums of money out of a country or provide an individual grant.
Be aware that scams are not limited to these-- new schemes are appearing with increasing frequency.
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top