• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

post your major complaint here

Windhover

meandering home
SF Supporter
This will undoubtedly sound absurd to most here, but I swear I just saw a shadow person out of the corner of my eye.

Not surprisingly I feel freaked out.

Where I live is nearly all elderly people and probably at least one person has died in my unit.

I don't know how many people believe in ghosts, but I do.
I can't help but believe. A ghost of a former occupant showed up from time to time in my apartment. This was in a small town in the Arizona desert.

It - the ghost - was not unfriendly, but since I lived there with my toddler, I wished it would leave. Eventually I and my daughter moved out. She still remembers it, as "the little gray thing."
 

Angie

Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
This will sound silly to some, but I have arthritis in my left index finger. It has actually grown crooked and the knuckle is enlarged. It hurts and I am left handed and one of the few joys in life I have is needlework and yarnwork. So the problem is I have this pain.

My GP says "do you want a referral, are you ready for surgery?" No. What are my options I ask? OTC pain relievers and turmeric she says. So I dutifully acquire these things, not really believing it will help.

Next I get another skin fold infection. Such are the joys of being super obese. This morning it is better so I guess it was fungal and the cream I had worked, so at least I am spared the indignity of a doctor's exam and test to see if its fungal or bacterial.

Then there is the ever present ear problems brought about by the air pressure of the bipap machine I must use.

All of these things are small I know, but I am so very frustrated.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
This will sound silly to some, but I have arthritis in my left index finger. It has actually grown crooked and the knuckle is enlarged. It hurts and I am left handed and one of the few joys in life I have is needlework and yarnwork. So the problem is I have this pain.

My GP says "do you want a referral, are you ready for surgery?" No. What are my options I ask? OTC pain relievers and turmeric she says. So I dutifully acquire these things, not really believing it will help.

Next I get another skin fold infection. Such are the joys of being super obese. This morning it is better so I guess it was fungal and the cream I had worked, so at least I am spared the indignity of a doctor's exam and test to see if its fungal or bacterial.

Then there is the ever present ear problems brought about by the air pressure of the bipap machine I must use.

All of these things are small I know, but I am so very frustrated.
the bpap shouldn't cause any ear issues due to pressure. it may be a good idea to tell your doctor or bpap provider. i have used a cpap and now an avap ( passive ventilator ) and have never had that problem. it could be your body or it could be a defect or wrong setting on the machine. i hope your finger gets better and you can find a way to deal with the bpap

mike.....*hug*shake
 

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
how rescuing animals is a lost cause, a losing game, you have to put a limit and accept you can not save everyone, or worst that there’s nothing you can do.

it takes a toll on you mentally, physically, and spiritually.
That is true. Like so much in life, you have only a certain amount of resources so just do what you can and are comfortable and call it doing enough, doing what you are capable of.
 
What in the name of all that is good and holy has caused rent cars to double in price. I almost fell over when I went in to secure one today. I'm talking about the compact ones, nothing large or fancy. It's a rhetorical question, I know the answer. Oh, and zero advantage to a weekly price over a daily. They are that greedy.
It reinforces for me what is at the top of the list driving humans in these times.
 
Last edited:

Dante

Life-long ponderer.. and Git.
SF Pro
SF Supporter
My boss is a pain in the arse. He micromanages everything to the point where I cant show any initiative or even have a phone call with a client without him butting in and forcing me to mute myself to tell him to bugger off (im sure the clients think my phone line is horrible).

He FINALLY went abroad on a long overdue holiday. And he is STILL micro-managing the office from over 4000 miles away!
 

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
The coworker who made hurtful comments to me (in front of our adolescent consumers) the other day is working the full same shift as me tomorrow.
 

TragicReality

I wish I could turn back time
SF Supporter
My youngest won't listen to me. I know.... I often didn't listen to my parents. But he's almost 23. He's being manipulated. Clear as day from day one. A young father who needs to get his own life in order, and after ages, here she comes contributing the smallest thing to get him hopeful she loves him. She doesn't. She want's to sit on her butt collecting govt money and support from him. He isn't in a good place, he's trying hard.... I'm trying for him because I love him. He doesn't get it. She's going to ruin him completely. She's gotten him so depressed he's suicidal. Here's a reason to keep going and fighting for my son. If only he would listen just a tiny bit to the reality of the whole thing.
 

Pebble mouse

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
SF Pro
SF Supporter
I am so annoyed with my psychiatrist. He would not prescribe clonazepam all of a sudden. He wrote a script for diazepam instead. The directions on the bottle are to take 10mg in the evening. This sounded wrong to me, so I checked a benzo calculator and 2mg of clonazepam is equivalent to 30mg of diazepam.

This is absurd. It's incompetent at best. Does he want me to possibly go through a sudden withdrawal?? Possibly seizures??

I took 20mg.

I am really angry.
 

Astrid78

Spoonful of sugar will help the medicine go down
My youngest won't listen to me. I know.... I often didn't listen to my parents. But he's almost 23. He's being manipulated. Clear as day from day one. A young father who needs to get his own life in order, and after ages, here she comes contributing the smallest thing to get him hopeful she loves him. She doesn't. She want's to sit on her butt collecting govt money and support from him. He isn't in a good place, he's trying hard.... I'm trying for him because I love him. He doesn't get it. She's going to ruin him completely. She's gotten him so depressed he's suicidal. Here's a reason to keep going and fighting for my son. If only he would listen just a tiny bit to the reality of the whole thing.
My oldest son is 19, I'm so sorry you are having to watch yours go through all this, it's hard to see them hurting. Sometimes all we can do as parents is just be there for them.
Hugs @toomuchreality
 

TragicReality

I wish I could turn back time
SF Supporter
I am so annoyed with my psychiatrist. He would not prescribe clonazepam all of a sudden. He wrote a script for diazepam instead. The directions on the bottle are to take 10mg in the evening. This sounded wrong to me, so I checked a benzo calculator and 2mg of clonazepam is equivalent to 30mg of diazepam.

This is absurd. It's incompetent at best. Does he want me to possibly go through a sudden withdrawal?? Possibly seizures??

I took 20mg.

I am really angry.
I'd be angry too. I had a psychiatrist do a way too fast taper from lorazepam to diazepam. I couldn't sleep. At least the psychiatrist I have now knows what's equivalent. I think you should talk to him, some psychiatrists are not aware of the difference. The only good think about switching to diazepam is it has a much longer half life. It wont flush out of your system for days. That's how i got off of the stronger benzo's. But that's too fast of a taper. Mention it maybe, show the chart and see if it helps? hugs
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top