Prozac?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Beka, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I finally got around to going to the doctors following my recent breakdowns and they've now taken me off Citalopram and I'm now on Fluoxetine or as Google searches have informed me, Prozac.

Can you guys tell me about experiences on this? I had a pretty negative effect on Citalopram with an insane increase in my anxiety and I'm nervous because I know Prozac /Fluoxetine either helps you loads or it makes it much much worse. I know from friends that it can make you go crazy in the first week, but it's after that I'm worried about. My body is already taking a really long time to get used to Citalopram so will this be the same?

I'm not stable either, so that's why I'm worrying about the effects I'll have when taking it for the first time. If I was more stable I'd be okay about it but because at the moment every little thing is making my head click and I just have fits of excessive depressive moods and suicidal idealizations.

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Personally, I reacted very badly to Prozac. It triggered insane suicidal ideation and hallucinations aswell as realistic nightmares, still suffer with them today and I stopped taking it 2 years ago. If you have any adverse effects go straight to your gP or a and e ASAP.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

EVeryone is different hun your system is different then others ok i know someone who would never go off it because it has safed her really like you said some will react positively some negatively like with all meds until you try it hun you won't know hugs

4. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

I know I won't know till I try it and I'm able to get it on Thursday but I just wanted a general idea of how it made some people feel. I'm just worried that like Citalopram, it'll give me suicidal idealization and I'll actually try to commit.

5. Beautiful Hope

Beautiful Hope Active Member

Prozax didn't work for me. My doctor just put me on Zoloft yesterday. I hope it works for you, though.

6. PaperFlame

PaperFlame Active Member

Most SSRI's and other psychotropic drugs do this (it is also most often mentioned as a strong side-effect). Make sure you inform the people around you of this and/or your physician about your side effects and feelings. Most probably you will be slowly going up with the dosage to alleviate this effect, but yes, be prepared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.